+ Reply to Thread
    Ted

Yes | No

WTB Elec fuel pump

Need an electric fuel for 73. Also, I removed fuel pickup from fuel tank and it was plugged with crud. The return line was plugged so solid that i had to dig it out with a piece of clothes hanger. The tank will have to be cleaned and i need to know if there is supposed to be a screen on the bottom of the pickup tube. If so, where can i get one of these? thanks, Ted

Gordon Parr

Yes | No

Re: WTB Elec fuel pump

For an Electric fuel pump, check out a Fawcett fuel pump at Mesa performance http://www.mesaperformance.com It cost about 38 bucks, pumps out abut 4 PSI, perfect for carbs, a tii fuel pumps at high pressure, about 45-50 PSI. make sure you wire it up so in case of an accident, it shuts off and doesn't keep pumping with the ignition on. Your car could quickly be toast.

Gordon Parr
    74 2002
    73 Bavaria

Gordon Parr

Yes | No

For an Electric fuel pump, check out a Fawcett fuel pump at Mesa performance http://www.mesaperformance.com It cost about 38 bucks, pumps out abut 4 PSI, perfect for carbs, a tii fuel pumps at high pressure, about 45-50 PSI. make sure you wire it up so in case of an accident, it shuts off and doesn't keep pumping with the ignition on. Your car could quickly be toast.

Gordon Parr
    74 2002
    73 Bavaria

vince

Yes | No

Hi Ted,

If this is a tii we're talking about here, you will need a high pressure pump and it's best to go with the factory pump.

If it's not a tii, you would be better off NOT using an electric fuel pump and instead using the regular mechanical pump. With the mechanical pump you will have less hassle with wiring, mounting the pump, and adjusting the fuel pressure. Yes, even with sidedraft carbs, which I'm running.

Hope this helps,

vince
    1970 2002ti
    Pacifica, CA

tim

Yes | No

:can you clarify that? you are running sidedrafts with the stock mechanical fuel pump?
    I am going to install 40dcoe's soon and would appreciate any info.

tia tim

vince

Yes | No

Yep, you read that right. I am running 40 DCOEs with the stock fuel pump. Webers only need a few pounds of fuel pressure. Ths factory used a regular mechanical fuel pump with the Solex Side Draft setup on the ti too.

You don't need an electric pump with Webers.

tim

Yes | No

: sorry i did not think to ask earlier, but i read something about having gas in the carbs when you start the engine, guessing the electric pump starts feeding the fuel when the ignition comes on rather then after the engine is cranking, probably one in the same anyway and gas could sit in wait in the carb???? also is there more/smoother consistency with the electric pump in terms of pressure albeit low???

i believe you and am ready to try it but would appreciate the input and thoughts

thanks tim

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information