+ Reply to Thread
    newZ3Owner

Yes | No

AudiTT vs '00 2.3 Z3 vs Toyota MR2

I must say I love my Z3 2.3. One of my neighbors just got an Audi TT coupe and another a Toyota MR2. I can beat both of them in a nice country road race, and I did just today. And to top it off, I have been very conservative with pushing the Z3 because it has less than 500 miles on it (So less than 80mph and less than 4500 rpm). The Z3 just has a lot more power than either of these two cars.

Mack

Yes | No

There are more to come after break-in..8k miles?

My car felt much strong throughout the powerband at 8000miles than around 2000miles. Well, have fun.

I must say I love my Z3 2.3. One of my neighbors just got an Audi TT coupe and another a Toyota MR2. I can beat both of them in a nice country road race, and I did just today. And to top it off, I have been very conservative with pushing the Z3 because it has less than 500 miles on it (So less than 80mph and less than 4500 rpm). The Z3 just has a lot more power than either of these two cars.

Jon T

Yes | No

road racing is a relatively bad idea (more)

Why not bring your car to an autocross, which is done in a safer, more controlled environment? Perhaps the reason you "won" was because these people know better.

Please realize I'm not against spirited driving - just driving where conditions are more unknown and potentially dangerous.

There was an Audi TT and a Toyota MR2 autocrossing up at Englishtown, NJ yesterday. Both drivers spun their cars multiple times. The MR2 looks interesting and apparently handles well, but when it spins, it turns within its own radius. I started to lose traction, but never spun the whole day.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information