+ Reply to Thread
    GeoCoog, WarCamp

Yes | No

Houston Z3 Owners Group now online!

The Houston Z3 Owners Group is now online. We are special interest group of the Houston-BMWCCA.<br>Please see our new web page at http://houston-bmwcca.com/z3<p>Warren Campbell (WarCamp) and I have put a lot of effort into making this work. We hope that this new group will act as a venue for interaction and association among Houston area drivers.<p>Our pages have a few "under construction" areas but most of is is working. If you live in the SE-Texas area and are interested in Z3 related activities, this is the place for you!<p>Happy driving everyone,<p>The Houston Z3 Owners Group<p><p>

sallyz02

Yes | No

Wiring harness repairs

We recently had problems with the door locking system not working when i pressed the unlock button on the key. We had a diagnosis run on it and the mechanic said it was a part that controlled the gas pedal. Not true. My husband did his own diagnostic and determined that the wiring harness that is located in the trunk had shorted out due to repeated opening and closing of the trunk. BMW did a poor job of wiring the trunk. Husband fed the wrigin into a piece of flexible conduit after he either soldered or taped the wires to keep them from shorting out. He also replaced a fuse that controlled the door locking mechanism. All fixed. If anyone is having this issue, please respond and I will forward his email so you can contact him about more detailed instructions on what he fixed and how he did it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 72.37.249.68

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information