+ Reply to Thread
    PaulV

Yes | No

Water Proofing the Convertible Top

Can anyone tell me if I need to apply any kind of protective coating or spray to the convertible top. My top gets soaking wet as soon as it starts to rain. There is no beading of the rain drops and the top takes a good day in the garage before it dries. It is a biege top so I would be concerned about discoloration if I applied something like scotch guard. Any thoughts?

covperform

Yes | No

Re: Water Proofing the Convertible Top

Paul...the best Soft top cleaners, conditioners and preservers I've come across are made by Renov....click on the Link below...

Jason

Yes | No

Also look under specialty forums on the right side under Detailing Forum, they have a lot of great detailing tips. You can also try www.carcareonline.com for some tips and products.

Slye

Yes | No

My XK8 came with a can of Jaguar branded top re-proofer in the trunk. I'm sure you could buy it at the dealer.

PaulV

Yes | No

Thank you everyone. It has been quite raining here over the last few days so this advice should help me seal out the elements before the colder months of snow. Who drives in the snow though?

Steve R

Yes | No

Snow driving in an XK8-we're not looking forward t

o that! My wife is freaked out winter driving. Hope it's not a bad winter, but all reports say we're due for 22 inches of snow this year.

Steve
    99 XK8
    95 740i
    88 911 goes nowhere in snow!

Jerome

Yes | No

Jaguar sells a kit which has a top cleaner, two different brushes and a can of reproofer. The dealer will sell it to you, but would like to have you let them do it. It really is not hard to do. If you have a light top be careful with the reproofer-start at the top and work down as there is likely to be more dirt around the body line and you could drag it back onto the top if you go back for a second coat (guess who found that out the hard way?). There are a number of cautions, including that the top has to be dry and it cannot be subject to rain or even dew for a day or so after you reproof the top read the can. There is a dealer in Cleveland who sells xk8 floor mats on ebay for a discount, who will also sell you the reproofer for a discount. Even with shipping you are better off. Take a look for him. Cost from Cleveland-about $80.

Jerome

Yes | No

Paul I went back in to my email and found the address for the jag dealer who sold me the reproofer for $69, local proce was $98. Contact him. [email protected] Jerome

Registered Member
    Member No: 40034 michelangelonyc is an unknown quantity at this point michelangelonyc's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Snow driving in an XK8-we're not looking forward t

you need to diversify.. to much rear wheel action :~)

the_cat

Yes | No

Re: Snow driving in an XK8-we're not looking forward t

Pirelli winter 210's is a must !! the_cat

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information