+ Reply to Thread
    Neuticle

Yes | No

Derek Daily Academy

hey, question for you folks. i turn 21 in late august, so me and some friends are planning a trip to vegas to celebrate since it's only ~5 hours away by car.(it'll be the first time that all of us will be 21).

well i told my parents, and since they've been stretching for ideas on what to do for me on my birthday they checked into racing schools. and it turns out there is a 1 day event at the Derek Daily academy on aug 29th (the day after i turn 21). so they asked me if i wanted to do. being a beginning Autox'er i said, oh yeah!

so has anyone actually attended an event? i would love to hear your thoughts. I originally posted this on vwvortex and honda-tech (where i genreally spend most of my message board time) and didn't really get anything except to possibly ask roadfly, since they seem to use quite a few BMW products. thanks for your help.

Registered Member
    Member No: 36229 TBest is an unknown quantity at this point TBest's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Derek Daily Academy

Can't vouch for any first hand experience in their academy...However, as a BMW CCA car control / driving school instructor I have heard nothing but good things. Not sure if you'll end up in one of their formula cars while being there for only one day, but whatever vehicle you drive (even Mom's ol' SUV), I imagine you will walk away with loads more knowledge, visual skills, and overall comfort. The 1.8 mile road course that DDDA uses is a wicked track that really can put you in the mess of things if you're not turning your head for your apexes. I say go for it...if it bites there's always OLYMPIC GARDENS ;-)

Terry

Neuticle

Yes | No

i almost wish you could get some track time in your own car. by then i should have my project 240 well on the way to being a competant SCCA car... i just wont personally be able to hang as far as the driving skills go. I'm sure i'll come away with alot, i mean i'm still at the stage where i still come away from every Autocross feeling like a million bucks because i learned something new.

Registered Member
    Member No: 36229 TBest is an unknown quantity at this point TBest's Avatar

Yes | No

"i mean i'm still at the stage where i still come away from every Autocross feeling like a million bucks because i learned something new."

With an attitude like that you're going to develop a strong base for performance driving. Mentality is a big part out there. Good luck!

Terry

101BM

Yes | No

With daddy and mommy paying for it - DO IT SON....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information