+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 65185 bimmer_325 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer_325's Avatar

Yes | No

E36 1995 325is Power Window Problem

I recently bought a used 1995 325is. The car is great except for the drivers side power window. The window goes down no problem, but when you try to put it back up it keeps stopping and dropping about a 1/4" just like when you open the door. The only way to get the window back up is to just keep pressing the switch and let it go up little by little. Is there a relay or micro-switch that controls the window dropping down when you first open the door and where would it be? The motor itself seems fine. If anyone has clue or has experienced the same problem please let me know. Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 61367 bigboy33 is an unknown quantity at this point bigboy33's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: E36 1995 325is Power Window Problem

When you put the window up there is a system 9to stop small children getting trapped) ie if there is resistance ie fingers in the gap the window will stop & lower slightly - try cleaning the runners and bottom rubber seal silicone products are good here.

DS

Yes | No

EASY FIX

U HAVE TO PRESS THE BUTTON ALL THE WAY DOWN SO IT GOES DOWN AUTOMATICALLY. THEN DO THE SAME THING GOING UP SO IT DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY. THIS SHOULD RESET IT. OTHERWISE THERE IS A BUTTON WITH A LITTLE LIGHTNING BOLT TO THE RIGHT OF YOUR STEERING WHEEL THAT WILL RESET CERTAIN ELECTRICAL THINGS IN THE CAR. PRESS THAT SO THE BUTTON COMES OUT THEN PRESS IT BACK IN.

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information