+ Reply to Thread
    Rollie

Yes | No

96+ e36 M3 Strut Hats/Mounts reversal & neg. cambr

Can anyone enlighten me on approx. how much neg. camber is gained by utilizing the '96 or newer e36 front strut hats(bearing/strut mounts) on a 1995 M3 track car to be eventually used for I Stock class?? Is it ~3 degrees neg. camber or something more like neg 1.5>>2 degrees??
    TIA
    Rollie

Registered Member
    Member No: 50107 stevewalsh is an unknown quantity at this point stevewalsh's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 96+ e36 M3 Strut Hats/Mounts reversal & neg. c

I got -2.7 on my 325is with Eibach pro-kit springs on Bilstein Sport shocks.
    I have 95 M3 control arms, bushings, 97 M3 sway bars, X-brace, 97 M3 front crossmember, but 325is spindles. Just so you know ...

JM

Yes | No

96 hats not legal for 95. read>>>>

from the rules:
    "The car must be equipped with the factory-original, upper front strut mount. It must be used without modification to the part.*The body holes locating and securing the mount must be UN-altered and
    used in the original configuration to secure the mounting. No slotting, modification or substitutes are permitted."
    The only legal way to do this is to buy parts from Dinan.

steve

Yes | No

consider this ....

I'm not saying this is *legal*, but I did get more than -3.0 degrees by using 95 M3 upper strut bearings and I *rotated* them outwards 120 degrees (i.e one hole), pushing the top of the strut inwards towards the engine. This reduced the caster, but increased the static camber a lot.
    Now that seems to fulfill the quote listed...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information