+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 69693 ronjeffries is an unknown quantity at this point ronjeffries's Avatar

Yes | No

Door button or logic is AFU

When this happened on my Volvo, the fix was to remove a $100 plastic box from the door and replace it. There are these little tissue thin cheapo switches to control the lock and detect opening and stuff, and the box was dead. No repair, just replace.

I'm betting it's something similar.

Registered Member
    Member No: 68340 03Z4 is an unknown quantity at this point 03Z4's Avatar

Yes | No

Same thing happened the day I picked mine up...

...at the dealership. We took it right to the shop and it took 10 minutes to fix. Turns out that the driver's side door "thought" it was still open. I dunno if they reset some switch or aligned something so that it works properly, but it's never happened again.

TonyAlas

Yes | No

Re: My car won't stop beeping!

I found out that the beeping stops after 1 minute or so after removing the key from the lock

Registered Member
    Member No: 70636 TonyAlas is an unknown quantity at this point TonyAlas's Avatar

Yes | No

I found out that the beeping stopped after 1 minute or so when removing the key from the lock.

The beeping starts when I turn the key while the door is open. When the door is NOT open, I never heard the beeping.

BMW NA Customer Relations
    Member No: BMW NA Customer Relations's Avatar

Yes | No

Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about the problem with your Z4. If you like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117.

Unregistered

Yes | No

Just experienced it tonight

I just left work tonight. When I was at work today due to congested parking lot I had to park on a slope so for safety reasons I engaged my parking brake (auto trans). When I left work I disengaged the brake and began to roll, if I got over 10 mph the beep beep began, but it stopped as soon as I came to a complete stop. I did the power on/off on all components of the vehicle as well as door and seatbelt check. Watched my gauges and no lights indicated problems the whole way home. Another issue is that when I turn on the vehicle the headlights automatically come on, tonight this was not the case and I had to turn them on via the switch. Thought possibly a fuse went out but a fuse should not cause the beep beep (or so I wouldn't think). After I got home I did a check on all the fluids and under the vehicle for leaks, all was fine there. Back to the parking brake. I have an accessory wire that runs around the e brake pedal. When I was at home I pulled the brake release lever and pulled back on the pedal, it gave about an inch. Although, there were no Parking Brake indicator lights, this may have been the issue as my speed played a factor in when the beep beep started and stopped. Brake may have been set just enough to cause a warning sound but not enough to trigger the indicator light.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 174.125.20.9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information