+ Reply to Thread
    AW

Yes | No

M3 SMG VS. Jaguar XJR

Sunday afternoon getting onto the Mass Pike out of Boston there was a black XJR right on my tail. There was some traffic and we were limited to about 70mph, with the XJR right on my bumper. Finally, a long clear section emerged and I clicked down two gears (level 5 and sport activated) and floored it with the XJR in tow. Surprisingly the XJR hung in but clearly lost ground as the mph increased to almost 150mph. (I know, stupid but I did not want to get past by the Jag). Running into traffic we slowed and the guy looked upset, once the road cleared he pulled next to me and at that point I had had enough and pulled away. All in all, the first time I ran into someone who thought they could take on the M3. This car is truly amazing. Having raced on an amateur level, and attended many driving schools in various cars, this is a car were there appear to be no limits. I look forward to exploring this car at Lime Rock in April.

AW

Chris

Yes | No

Re: M3 SMG VS. Jaguar XJR

I would think that the XJR would be able to stay with you for a little bit seeing as it goes about 103-104mph thru the traps in 1/4 mile.

ago M3Frank

Yes | No

Both cars limited to 155mph.He has trq. to keep up

LSB2002M3

Yes | No

My dad has a XJR..he's jealous of my M..0-60 in4.7

EricM

Yes | No

Lime Rock in April...

Are you going April 2nd with the Boston Chapter? If so, see ya there.

AW

Yes | No

Yes, I will be there

Unregistered

Yes | No

XJR vs M3

I raced a e46 M3 in my XJR with the car filled with luggage and 3 people. And the M3 could not pull on the jag. The jag is 385hp. It has almost 50 more HP and its forced induction. I will say that I was impressed it could keep up as close as it did. But with nothing in my car it would have had no chance. I paid $3000 dollars for my car and the E46 M3 still sells for 14k. I think that old people drive the XJR most of the time so your not likely to get a guy to push it like the M3 but I will lol. Remember the XJR was the M5 equivalent which is much more powerful then the M3.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.56.30.127

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information