+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 68025 LeftyS7 is an unknown quantity at this point LeftyS7's Avatar

Yes | No

6 Point harness for autocrossing an M Roadster

Is there a supplier of installation kits to mount a six point harness in an M-Roadster that doesn't have an aftermarket roll bar?

Mike

Yes | No

Try HMSmotorsports.com for 4-point belts

You can attach belts to the factory roll hoops and get holes cut in the seats with grommets installed. But why would you want to? It seems like a foolish thing to do - if you were to roll over you're basically guaranteeing yourself a handy decapitation... If you're belting yourself in with a 4-point belt, you should probably go ahead and at least install the stylebar (also available at HMS).

By the way, the sub strap(s) don't really do anything for you for autocross and won't work with a stock seat at all so don't bother with them - just go with a 4-point belt...

Just my $0.02...

-Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 68025 LeftyS7 is an unknown quantity at this point LeftyS7's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Try HMSmotorsports.com for 4-point belts

The belts are only for Autocrossing and I've found the submarine straps keep the lap belts in place across the pelvis when you pull the shoulder straps really tight. Thanks for your suggestion.

Lee

Yes | No

4 points has several flaws. (m)

I do not mean that they are unsafe to use, as Joe Marko has been succesful to prove. If it is TUV approved, it cannot be unsafe.

I used to have 2 sets of Scroth harnesses with the ASM system. I did not like the lack of crotch belt. The lap belt would have a tendency to go up my pelvis, which could be dangerous in case of an accident. I found them uncomfortable because of that.

If you want a race harness, just cut a slit in your seat and pass the crotch belt trhu it, if you have a 5 point system. Which would be my recommendation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information