+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 49794 segal3 is an unknown quantity at this point segal3's Avatar

Yes | No

How About A Helmet...?

Alright...I know...lots of threads all over the place in this forum about helmets and "the best one" and "what people recommend" and etc.

Here's the catch though. My birthday is coming up (June 21), and among a few other small things I am asking for, one of the main items I am looking to get is a track/autox helmet (closed face).

However, I'm really looking for one preferably (strong stress there) between $200-300...+/- a small percentage.

Major players are Simpson, Bieffe, and Bell I assume? Any others I'm missing?

Good/bad experiences?

~Matt Segal

<br><a href="http://www.carbonos.com/cars/">1994 Alpine White 740i E32</a>

Gregor

Yes | No

Re: Have to try them on

Brands tend to fit a little differently, so pretty much need to go try some on. Some events now require Snell SA2000, so might not want to get a helmet that does not carry the new automotive certification.

Expensive helmets tend to be lighter weight. As to which is best? All I can say is that I have had a lot of Arai helmets, and never had one I did not like. Brands like G Force are cheaper. Might take a look at Racers Wholesale or in most of the magazines.

Gregor
    02 M Coupe

Austin

Yes | No

Re: How About A Helmet...?

I too recommend you try them on. There are various degrees of features and construction that affect pricing. The most basic SA helmet would likely be a Pyrotect (a division of Bell). Try Helmetcity.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information