+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 35095 RonCT is an unknown quantity at this point RonCT's Avatar

Yes | No

Track time / School with SCCA?

I was wondering if anyone has experience with SCCA here? I'm looking for more track time for my E46 M3 in a controled (non-race) environment. I see on the SCCA web site that they have "Club Racing Driving Schools", but can't get any more detail. Are these similar to the BMW CCA schools I've been to?

gracer

Yes | No

Your car has to be track ready. roll cage etc.( M)

Check with your local SCCA club for more details. Here in Portland Or. we are lucky to have several marque clubs that rent the track and allow others to run in their event. G

Registered Member
    Member No: 35534 JoelG is an unknown quantity at this point JoelG's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Track time / School with SCCA?

some SCCA regions run events for street cars. As far as I know most dont, just schools that enable you to get a SCCA competition license, which require a fully prepared race car and full personal safety gear.

For more on track opportunities with your street car, try drivingevents.com and trackschedule.com which list events from many different promoters. I'm sure there are other, similar sites.

Organizations that put on track events for street cars include other marque clubs, Tracquest, Trackmasters, Car Guys, Chin Motorsports and the National Autosport Association (NASA). All of these organizations have web sites with their schedules posted.

joel

Paesan

Yes | No

Re: Track time / School with SCCA?

In the southeast, every SCCA school is race oriented. Your car will be in T1 or ITE depending on the amount of modifications you have done to it. You must have a welded cage, a window net, a fire bottle, a driver suit, gloves, socks, shoes, a kill off switch, and I highly reccomend a truck and trailer because anything can happen in those schools. I crashed my M3 at my first SCCA school and I know some other people who have totalled theirs. I think you are not looking for racing so stop looking at those dates because they are not what you looking for. Try to find the websites of the tracks you want to run at because they usually have a good schedule of the events they are running.

gboro///M

Yes | No

Not at all like BMWCCA Schools. They require full

nomex, as well as pretty much a race ready car; roll bars, harnesses etc. Its pretty hard core from the start, but also alot cheaper than BMWCCA schools. (approx. 185.00) I was at a SCCA race this w/e at Lowes Motor SpeedWay in NC and my friends laughed at BMWCCA schools. (Which didn't make me happy) But the truth hurts. They teach a school line vs a racers line...(Completely diff)...they also polite you to death w/ pass sig's (bad habit in racing) etc....More track time: Call Car Guys..etc. Wanna race- Go SCCA...BUT THERE'S NO TURNING BACK!

Registered Member
    Member No: 35095 RonCT is an unknown quantity at this point RonCT's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks much, found a few with your help...

I need more seat time before I get into the racing habit. Another year at places like Lime Rock and Watkins Glen should serve me well.

Registered Member
    Member No: 9761 dmsocal330i is an unknown quantity at this point dmsocal330i's Avatar

Yes | No

Boston and White Mountain Club

Are both running schools at NHIS and the Glen. They would be perfect for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information