+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 83560 flc is an unknown quantity at this point flc's Avatar

Yes | No

Any update to the M3 ripoff???

I was just wondering. I remember awhile back ago, I read here about a horrid story of a enthusiast getting ripped of in Florida when he bought a red e30 M3. I was just wondering if there was any updates to that. I hope I'm not stiring any any bad feelings or such...But I was so moved from reading what happened, that this case stuck in my mind..I just wanted to see if there was anything positive that came out of it.....

pete b

Yes | No

Re: Any update to the M3 ripoff???

bimmermax made out ok, got his money money back, appologized to the previous owner, and all is right with the world.( in a nutshell )

Registered Member
    Member No: 83560 flc is an unknown quantity at this point flc's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Any update to the M3 ripoff???

what did have to apologize to the original owner for?

///Mikegroh

Yes | No

Seller didn't know it was stolen

Wasn't the "original owner" -- it was the seller.

It's a trap any of us could easily fall into -- we buy a car from an reputable seller (dealer, individual, etc.) but the car turns out to be hot somewhere along the line. Usually, the last guy holding the car loses, but bimmrmax was able to get help from a good attorney, and turned the transaction around. Part of the "settlement" is that bimmrmax had to 'apologize' to the seller (which he did, with great style!).

Frankly, I don't get the 'apology' part, either. I would've had a much harder time doing it than bimmrmax!

Registered Member
    Member No: 35336 E30 is an unknown quantity at this point E30's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Seller didn't know it was stolen

"Frankly, I don't get the 'apology' part, either. I would've had a much harder time doing it than bimmrmax!"

I can give you 10 thousand reasons you would have!

///Mikegroh

Yes | No

Gotcha! $$$$!!!! Money talks, don't it?

Registered Member
    Member No: 46084 vesendak is an unknown quantity at this point vesendak's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Gotcha! $$$$!!!! Money talks, don't it?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!! seller didnt know it was stolen, what a f@@king joke. sleazy ball car dealers will sell you anything even if it is stolen something like 80% of those people are felons.

Registered Member
    Member No: 46084 vesendak is an unknown quantity at this point vesendak's Avatar

Yes | No

by the way I hope the guys who sold bimmermax the car chokes on his own [Oops!] when he is playing in [Oops!] swap games with a prostitute

///Mikegroh

Yes | No

That's probably true. A lot of dealers pay cash >>

for just about anything with wheels. All you need is a "title" of some kind or other, sign it on the back, and walk away with cash. I'm sure a lot of cars being sold on used car lots are hot, and without a doubt, a lot of "curbstone" cars (the ones you see alongside the road with "For Sale" in the window) are flakey as well. At the very least, a lot of those cars have salvage titles, for sure.

Pawn shops and flea markets are a big deal down here in Florida. I don't think I've ever seen a car radio in any of those places that didn't have all the wires cut in back -- a sure sign the radio's been stolen.

Registered Member
    Member No: 35336 E30 is an unknown quantity at this point E30's Avatar

Yes | No

is the [Oops!] a 3 letter "c" word? also known as snowballing? I just want to make sure i understand the post correctly

Registered Member

Yes | No

yes

beemrmax

Yes | No

The money was returned, details inside

A fantastic guy and also an attorney by the name of Michael Posner in West Palm Beach contacted me throught the internet after reading the story. He himself was the victim of a minor swindle when the E36 235ic he had purchased with clean CARFAX and a clean bill of health from a tech inspection turned out to have had almost all of the left side body panels replaced.

He contacted Montoya on my behalf and within a month had the money back in my bank account, while hardly charging me anything at all. I posted a public letter of apology to Montoya concerning the transaction, faxed it to UTICORP and Braman Motors in West Palm Beach.

As someone else pointed out, I still don't have an M3 in my driveway, lost a lot of money on plane fares, hotel rooms, misc expenses, and just paid a $135 phone bill just covering long distance charges from calls to Florida that I made since my return.

I was incredibly fortunate to get this money back, I feel good, all the feelings of anger and such are gone. I wish it could have turned out differently. I wish it could have gone as planned and that I could go out and admire and fondle my very own beautiful E30 M3 but it's not there.

I made some mistakes, but the one thing that I feel good about was leaving that car behind in Florida. I don't really need an M3.

Live and learn...

A few words of advice on car buying;

This is a quote from Detective Hagan from the Auto Theft Task Force, in WPB Florida;

"TAKE WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS ABOUT HIMSELF AND THE CAR, THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW"

Words of wisdom, trust me.

Keith

Registered Member
    Member No: 133805 Chapel is an unknown quantity at this point Chapel's Avatar

Yes | No
    I hate to dredge up an ANCIENT thread, but was the VIN ever posted for this car? I assume it was impounded and crushed or something
    Every so often a 'steal' of an E30 M3 comes up and it's red... and I'm reminded of this story.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 38.112.155.146

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information