+ Reply to Thread
    will

Yes | No

check engine light + rough idle

Hey all, this weeks problem seems to be a rough idle. I've already removed and cleaned the ICV, which helped, but it's still idling a little rough and the check engine light comes on when the engine has been idling for about 20 seconds or more. Once I see the light come on I rev it up a little and the check engine light goes off. Has anyone else had this problem before? Are these symptoms of a shot o2 sensor? Also am getting poorer gas mileage.
    Thanks for any input
    Will
    94 3.18is

RadioMan

Yes | No

What is the code for CEL?

dodie

Yes | No

Re: check engine light + rough idle

I had a rough idling on my 318I last week and the check engine light came on. What I found out was that there was a crack on my air ducting between air filter and throttle body. As soon as I changed the air ducting everything went fine. Most of the time vacuum leaks can trigger rough idling and check engine. Make sure that all tubings routed to your throttle body are not worn out (cracked).

will

Yes | No

Re: What is the code for CEL?

I haven't checked it because it immediately goes off when I rev it up. Will there still be a code even if the light goes out?

Registered Member
    Member No: 67707 scorp965 is an unknown quantity at this point scorp965's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: check engine light + rough idle

I had a check engine fault and a bad idle, it didn't go off after revving, but I left the car for about 10 minutes and came back, it was still on (as it had been tripped) but I was able to drive it to my independent who reset the light and replaced one of my o2 sensors - there are several things that could cause your problem, an o2 sensor is on the short list of few...
    1995 hellrot ///M3 5spd

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information