+ Reply to Thread
    elfhearse

Yes | No

LA (lower AL) temporary greetings

from beautiful Ft. Rucker. I've been here for a few months with my M Coupe. Quite a few strange looks and interesting comments received. Fair amount of Z3 roadsters and a nice concentration of new 330's and M3's from pilots returning from Germany with Euro delivery cars. (just watch those back roads with the armadillo road-kill and 4-6 buzzards that are dining on it...usually on the opposite side of the hill you crest at 70mph)

were in too???gboro///M
    Member No: were in too???gboro///M's Avatar

Yes | No

Elf...How the He!! are you...I was 1drin' wut U

elfhearse

Yes | No

Much better now, finished the IP course

I'm now an official US Army Blackhawk Instructor Pilot.
    Just finished the 1000 mile drive back to PA and collected several more
    stone chips on the windshield, burnt out fog light, Airbag light came on about 50 days ago. Used about 1/2 cup of oil for the past 4K miles.
    Waiting for my turn in the barrel regarding duty outside the US of A. Hope to be around for HC04, not sure if I can make the Z Fest, though I'd like to.
    Out

gboro///M

Yes | No

Well, the best of luck w/ your duties and know

we will be pullin for you and all the boys and girls in uniform. If you make the Fest, that'd be great!!! If not, we understand completely....that you don't like us....LOL. Again, Take Care and keep your nose up...on the bird that is. And we'll see ya soon!

P

Coop

Yes | No

My Dad works at Rucker, Blackhawk maintenace.

I grew up at Tabernacle watching those "'skeeter" trainers in the backyard. I think the pilots back then would buzz us for kicks. They did not know that it was I who was getting the kicks! We would go up to the staging strips and sit in a hayfield while "****kickers" would come over us at about 20 feet high. With a little homegrown, it made for a great afternoon! I thought the paratroopers jumping from Hueys was awesome as well.

Later, the blackhawks arrived, and my neck got sore from looking up. They were so much louder than anything before. Now, the Apaches fire Hellfire, and cannon rounds mere yards from public "dirt roads". I am sure you are familiar with the red clay down there.

My wife to be then woke up hysterical one night thinking we were under attack!! (Desert Storm era). I told her to just go back to bed, it was only the 30mm cannon from the Apache's, sheesh!!

As you might guess, I love choppers! Every chance I get I take rides. That will probaly lessen, since I now have 2 kids and one on the way. But the memories are great! Although my son had his first ride at 4 years old!

And BTW, as one BMW loving American, I highly admire the armed services and the fact that you risk your life everyday so this country can be strong enough to do what needs to be done.

I sincerely thank you.

P.S Check out my dad if you get a chance, he is J.R Clark, the ugliest fuuker out there. I think he is at Hancey field.

Oh yeah, I have a blown 2001 530!, check it out!

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=170265&ck=

Registered Member
    Member No: 81220 marksipe is an unknown quantity at this point marksipe's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: LA (lower AL) temporary greetings

fyi, the SCCA Wiregrass Region holds an autox at Hunt Stage Field the 2nd Sunday of every month from Feb - Nov, very low key and usually only a dozen or so cars show up, you should check it out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information