+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 93691 moorad is an unknown quantity at this point moorad's Avatar

Yes | No

I would like to join a team and somehow get sponor

hey guys my name is moorad mooradian and i am 18 with a 87 L6 with intake and exhaust and a ecu chip and id like to get sponsored by someone and join a team in the springfield va area is anyone got an opening in the area? Please let me know. Thanx

Registered Member
    Member No: 52054 LeeVuong is an unknown quantity at this point LeeVuong's Avatar

Yes | No

Can you clear up your intentions?

So, you want to join a race team. What car will you use? Then you want some sponsorship money. How many races have you done and how did you position?

Sponsorship is always possible, but it usually takes a few year experience before you get the check. But there is a beggining to everything. Glad you like racing.

Registered Member
    Member No: 35534 JoelG is an unknown quantity at this point JoelG's Avatar

Yes | No

so you\'re interesting in road racing...

I'd suggest the first thing you do is get out to the track and watch a few. The last race of the year thats close to you happens to be this weekend at Summit Point Raceway near Charles Town WV, about 90 miles from Springfield VA. After this theres nothing until March.

Once you have some idea what road racing is all about, ask to crew for a team for to learn how it really goes. After you've done that for a while you can buy, build or rent a racecar and go to drivers school and earn a competetion license. Once you have that you are all set to go racing.

If you just want to get your car out on a track (this not racing by any means), there are monthly track days at Summit Point called Friday at the Track (FATT). There are still 2 more this year however they may already be sold out. Call the office to register. Phone number and directions to the track can be found by following the link below.

hope this helps,

joel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information