+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 2
    Inner Circle ©245 since: Apr 01, 1997 alan is on a distinguished road alan's Avatar

Yes | No

I am interested to see how the XLR fares against

...BMW's new E63 6-series. They target roughly the same income brackets, and both have somewhat controversial styling.

I personally like the 'stealth fighter' look of the XLR, but dislike that it isn't available with a stick shift.<br>
    --Alan

Registered Member
    Member No: 94314 wjhunt123 is an unknown quantity at this point wjhunt123's Avatar

Yes | No

remember, I wanted to name XLR best in show

When we were in Detroit last year I really wanted to name the XLR best of show. It was a toss up between the XLR and the new Mustang. Both very hot cars coming out of detroit.

I wonder what Chevy is going to do if the XLR is quicker around the track than a Vette ;-)

Registered Member
    Member No: 44044 rob_ace is an unknown quantity at this point rob_ace's Avatar

Yes | No

how exactly do i invest in your ever growing

company. massive expansion, minimal time. what are you guys up to? j/k, wonderful sites you've developed. keep up the good work. put vettes in soon, i can't wait to hear those guys brag.<br>88 750iL_____________97 328iC kompressor
    <mg src="http://members.roadfly.org/rob_ace/DSC00031.JPG" height=100 width=130> <mg src="http://members.roadfly.org/rob_ace/DSC00475.JPG"height=100 width=130>
    BMW CCA# 187148
    01 Vmax (Vmoa #1480)

Registered Member
    Member No: 95693 msheri01 is an unknown quantity at this point msheri01's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I am interested to see how the XLR fares against

Have you driven an XLR? It is well balanced, good feedback, has all kinds of torque, great accelleration off the line, and a nice exhaust growl when you put the pedal down. This is an awsome vehicle to drive. The 6 aims at the same income bracket, but it is not the same type of car, The 6 should be great, based on what I have seen fromt he 5, but these are two very different cars.

S52PWR

Yes | No

NO chance, faster than a vette

I live in Bowling Green and the XLR's are everywhere getting their fleet shake down. I have stop light dashed with a couple in my E36 M3 sedan and they are so filled woth gadgetry and mechanisms to lift the trunk 10 feet of the car to put the top down that they are a little Porky. Before any of you buy one take it home and see if you can operate the top without hitting the roof in your garage.

Randy L.

Yes | No

Re: NO chance, faster than a vette

it may or may not be faster than a vette, but it makes the vette look like a poor man's attempt to be cool, my trunk opens just fine in the garage too

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information