+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 50856 FateMaker is an unknown quantity at this point FateMaker's Avatar

Yes | No

To Perma Plate or Not

My father just bought a new Black S600. The dealer is reccommending the Perma Plate Paint Sealant. Does anyone has experience with this product?

Registered Member
    Member No: 50215 joejensen is an unknown quantity at this point joejensen's Avatar

Yes | No

It's just another polymer paint sealant

I suggest finding a good detailer that does polymer paint sealants, Zaino, Meguirs, 3M, etc....joe

tim

Yes | No

hell no

if you dont ever want to wax, you can go to autosupermart.com and get this 5 star shine, it lasts a long time and keeps your paint protected. dont let the dealer use anything.
    i recommend the rain repellent treatment on that site as well. its amazing.

Antone Nisson

Yes | No

Re: To Perma Plate or Not

The Perma-Plate line of automotive protection products are simply the best available in the industry. Our products have signifigant benefits that no new Mercedes owner should do without that are backed by a rock solid warranty. Perma-Plate protection products have been produced since 1978 and are available in the finest new car dealerships in major cities worldwide because of the many benefits our products do offer. We have sold over two million applications and throughout the years have received many unsolicited testimonials from our retail customers expressing the unsurpassed quality of Perma-Plate products. We would be happy to make those available for your review. We would welcome any questions or concerns at our toll free number (800)453-8470.

Senior Chief Topps

Yes | No

how big can I go

I just bought a pre-owend 2001 s class mercedes. I am wonering what is the largest siz rim and tire can I put on my car with doing any damage.

Senior Chief

Senior Chief Topps

Yes | No

Mark Miller

Yes | No

Do not buy the Perma-Plate coverage. I have a 2001 Mercedes Benz C240 bought new. I'll admit, I fell for the Perma-Plate scam and allowed myself to be suckered into buying it. It's the biggest scam going. The only thing they will cover for is oxidation damage like you sometimes see on 20 or 30 year old cars. They don't cover scratches, paint chips or the normal wear and tear. They promise you plenty up front, but when you need coverage they tell you to get lost. Yes, I should have read the contract more carefully, but never expected that they would not cover some really basic issues.

Registered Member
    Member No: 85246 fusionaryx is an unknown quantity at this point fusionaryx's Avatar

Yes | No

Perma-Plate is not a scam. An untreated car can oxidize just short of a year, not 20 or 30 year old cars (they become antiques after 20).

If they covered scratchs, paint chips, or even "normal wear and tear" they would go broke trying to repaint over 2 million previously perma-plated vehicles. "Normal wear and tear". What are you kidding me??! Have you ever read a warranty for ANYTHING? When is the last time you have EVER heard of ANY warranty covering normal "wear and tear". This not not some basic issue to be covered by a warranty. If you have a scratch or paint chip get a detailer to fix it.

It's obvious you posted this just after you found out what all is covered in the warranty and need to vent. But just because you didn't bother to read the warranty that you paid $500-600 for doesnt mean that Perma-Plate, Sisken enterprises, Inc., or even the inventor/founder Bill Nisson is a scam or scam artist.

If you can afford mercedes, then you can afford a warranty to cover it. Just be glad you have it, you might not be now, but if your paint fades because you dont take care of it then they will repair or repaint free of charge.

So be pissed off at yourself not Perma-Plate or even the dealership f/o that sold it to you.

Registered Member
    Member No: 85246 fusionaryx is an unknown quantity at this point fusionaryx's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: It's just another polymer paint sealant

Just another paint sealant huh?

Does Meguiars, Klasse, Zaino, Pro, CarBrite, AutoMagic, ACS, and Diamond come with an iron clad 3 5 or 7 year warranty?

No. they dont.

SO it is not just another one. Although I know what you mean. Best in the world, Specially formulated, glass fiber molocules, micro-grain, it goes on and on. New space age formula, Never wax again.....

it also contains no silicone or which can be a big pain in the [Oops!] to wipe off.

but whatever.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: how big can I go

I have done 2 mercedes in that year and class with rims. they were both 20" fits wheel well nicely.

if that helps.

aloha

Jim R.

Yes | No

Re: It's just another polymer paint sealant

I'm sure it's a good product, but from what I can tell it is nothing more than a polymer paint sealant. Just like any other, you need to reapply it about every 6 months. Why pay the dealer big bucks to do the 1st coat for you.

Joe... How iron clad is the waranty if you don't purchase their upkeep products? Not very I would bet.

If you keep your car waxed, you won't have to worry about it oxidizing.

For a 1st coat of a sealant, I would go to a detailer, and have him do it. They will clay the paint to pull all of the oxidizing agents out of the paint, then seal it up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information