+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 94296 rubenator is an unknown quantity at this point rubenator's Avatar

Yes | No

2000 Jaguar XJR - Programming Remote Keyless Entry

I recently purchased a 2000 Jaguar XJR but need a spare keyless remote for the wife so I bought a used one from ebay with the same FCC ID as the original, however there was no programming instructions and I was only advised to get the Jaguar dealer to programme it for me. I would appreciate anyones help any guidance.

Jaghead from Phoenix

jonbee

Yes | No

Try this

KEYLESS TRANSMITTER REPROGRAMMING

Note: The Security System RF handset transmitters can be programmed manually in
    case a Portable Diagnostic Unit (PDU) is not immediately available.

Procedure

Note : All RF handset transmitters belonging to the vehicle being serviced must
    be available. If the learning process is carried out without having all the
    transmitters present, all previous transmitter codes will be overwritten,
    rendering the missing transmitters inoperable.

Hold headlight flasher back.
    Turn ignition key to position 1.
    Flash headlights 4 times. Alarm will enter programming mode. This will be
    confirmed by "beeps" from the alarm and flashing led on gearshift. Program each
    transmitter (up to 5) by pressing the lock or unlock button on the each
    transmitter once. The alarm will "honk" when you press the transmitter button.
    The alarm must honk 5 times to complete the programming. Therefore, if you are
    only programming one transmitter you should operate the transmitter 5 times. If
    you are programming two transmitters you will operate one transmitter twice, and
    three times on the other. For five transmitters you will operate each
    transmitter once.

I also vaguely remembered something in the '99 customer hand over video for the
    XJ8 mentioning so I just had a look and it says that if you want to link the
    remotes to a seat memory setting then you should press the memory button on the
    drivers door followed by the appropriate position then press any key on the
    remote within five seconds. I doesn't explicitly mention this remote to memory
    position program procedure on the '98 video though it just says that one remote
    is preset to position one and one to position two.

Registered Member
    Member No: 94296 rubenator is an unknown quantity at this point rubenator's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Try this

The procedure really works I just tried it and was able to reprogram my keyless entry from ebay including my old one.

Thanks a lot Jonbee, I really appreciate it.

Richard

Yes | No

Re: Try this

Hey Jonbee you could at least say where the quote came from next time. It took me a long time to research that!

I am glad someone has confirmed it works as it seemed a bit strange when I came across it which is why I checked the customer video's too.

Registered Member
    Member No: 93904 jonbee is an unknown quantity at this point jonbee's Avatar

Yes | No

I apologize for that...

I'm glad you caught it. I'm happy to give credit where it's due. I was in a hurry as usual, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information