+ Reply to Thread
    italia330i

Yes | No

NE1 have transmission warning light? (m)

It happened today for the third time. The symbol that looks like a sprocket/gear with the exclamation point in the center comes on just after I turn the car on and will stay on as I drive. Turning the car off and back on removes it. I have not experienced any problems with the trans (step), but is this something I should be concerned about or is it just like my drivers side Xenon that works intermittently.

03/01 build 330i step

bol

Yes | No

take it to your dealer immediatly

and get them to check the computer fault codes

it could be something more serious(i have a bad throttle body)

Unregistered

Yes | No

NE1 have transmission warning light

Hello, I have a 2005 M3 convertable and the transmission warning is on all of the time. But the trans shifts fine it is a SMG trans and it works fine in full automatic mode and in manual mode also. there are no codes at all. Pertaining to the transmission but I am having problems with O2 sensor codes I installed e bay headers and a complete exhaust system and I put in magnum O2 simulators that cost me over $400.00 for all 4 of them they were $100.00 each plus tax. I have them installed by the directions correctly but I am having a problem with adjusting the voltage and mostly the heator controls also I have adjusted them so many times to the point where my scanner says that there is only one code, Then after a while it goes into safe mode then back to the adjustments where it says that the system passes no codes comming up at all but that transmission light is always on.even when the car is first started up so it cannot be hot so I replaced the tempture sensor and it stayed of only for about one minute then it came back on .The car drives fine and is so powerful it will snap my neck off but after about 3 miles of driving it goes into safe mode. I can live with the SEL being on if it would not go into safe mode. Can anyone help me out..Gabriel
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.218.53.120

Unregistered

Yes | No
    italia330ni: We don't know what the mileage is on your transmission, whether you have ever changed the fluid, etc.... I'm not going to debate BMW's "Lifetime Transmission Fluid" declaration here, or whether or not it's in your best interest to change high mileage fluid, that's like arguing religion and politics, even though in this case the research has been done.
    You have 3 options.
    1. Drive it like it is
    2. Change you filter and fluid (this is not the transmission "flush" at the local independant shop, you need to replace the filter). Then drive it for 100 or so miles and suck out the fluid and replace again with new fluid. You can't get all the fluid out even after pulling the pan and filter, as the torque converter traps some.
    Here is a link: http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/104...d-Change-redux
    3. Replace the transmission.

Step #2 fixed my problem, and hopefully prolonged the life of my transmission. ZF was the mfg of my Tranny, they reccommend changing filter and fluid every 50,000 miles.
    If step #2 doesn't fix you problem, find out from your nearest BMW club, who they recommend for a transmission rebuild.
    f you get under the car, there are 2 stickers on the transmission pan that will give you the details on what exact transmission you have, you may need to clean off stickers to read them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 99.10.179.31

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information