+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 96476 chickenhawk is an unknown quantity at this point chickenhawk's Avatar

Yes | No

Whats with the foriegn turbo e30\'s?

When i read articales on the specs of the europeon turbo e30's i never read anything about them getting different rods, or crank. They only mention lower compression pistons. These cars that i read about are a lot of the time in the 350-400hp range. So i guess this is a question about strength. If i did a stroker say a DIY one 2.7 maybe with a set of custom pistons would it be able to handle that power? Obviously i would want it to last, but if could spend a lot less money, and stick with the stock parts it would do that. Also i never read anything about there head gasket. Im running 14 psi right now, and i have no reason to think mines going to fail, but how about at 17-18psi. Im using a thicker one with head studs though. Any insight would be helpful thanks

Kris

Yes | No

I believe eta 2.7 cranks were cast.. not forged..

Registered Member
    Member No: 96476 chickenhawk is an unknown quantity at this point chickenhawk's Avatar

Yes | No

I know they were cast, thats how come im wondering

how they can run 350-400hp. Would it be save to say the stock "I" crank that i have could handle that with no big worries of failure? But still my biggest concern is the head gasket, because i would think that would go first. I didn't have good luck with a copper one in the past, but i don't know about a stock type material one handling 17-18psi. At the same time though its only a few difference in psi then what im running now. Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 27969 turbo535 is an unknown quantity at this point turbo535's Avatar

Yes | No

a 524td has a supposedly bolt in forged crankshaft

Lee

Yes | No

Yup. Eta is cast and Turbo crank is forged.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information