+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 85954 andybmw325is is an unknown quantity at this point andybmw325is's Avatar

Yes | No

M5-powered Bavaria

I don't understand the meaning of the 2nd sentence of the following paragraph:

Sticking to Woodham's 3.0si for now, I will just reiterate that very little of that original pie wagon does carries forth to today, surely not the engine, which is now a potent E34 M5, sacrificed from a donor vehicle, years back. And this isn't just any old M5 as it has the one and only super rare EPROM chip from the infamous, South Carolina Highway Patrol M5 given by BMW to SC for letting them plop there Z3 plant in the middle of their lowly State. In addition, Woodham decided to add a nice header from BMW Motorsport, connected to a custom stainless steel exhaust.

Is the EPROM chip a performance chip from BMW?

Velocewest

Yes | No

EPROM is the controller chip for the

engine computer, in this case the chip is a special BMW performance version. You can contact David Woodham on the the Senior Six Registry mailing list if you have questions.

Tony

David Woodham

Yes | No

Re: M5-powered Bavaria

Here's the story:
    Legend has it that when BMW decided to put their factory in Greer, S.C., they gave the South Carolina State Patrol two E34 M5 pursuit vehicles as a gesture. One of them was pictured in a Roundel back around 1996 or 1997. The chips used in these two cars were not the stock M5 chips, but were special custom burned chips, made by the BMW Southeast technical rep, named Jim Blair. Among other things, the chips added probably around 30-40 HP to a car that was already rated at 315 HP.
    Legend also has it that Jim Blair made not just two such chips but several. I have two of them. One resides in my '75 M5-powered 3.0Si, and the other resides in my '91 M5. There you have it.
    DHW

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information