+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diesel Cars

Bill Ryan

Yes | No

Diesel Cars

Hi All
    This is my first post on this board.Does BMW make diesel cars that are sold in North America? Could someone please give me the model name so I can type it into a search engine. I am new to the internet and I can't find any information on diesel cars. I own a 2000 740il and my wife wants to trade her Chevy 4x4 on a Volkswagen Diesel. I would like to look up some info on a BMW diesel and try to talk her into buying BMW instead. I am very happy with my car and I feel that Bimmer disels, if available here in Canada should be great cars as well.Can someon here who has driven a diesel give me some feed-back, please. I would be interested in a 1999 to 2001 year model. Anything newer would out of my financial range. Thanks in advance.
    Bill Ryan

Registered Member
    Member No: 56207 corplug is an unknown quantity at this point corplug's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Diesel Cars

Hi Bill

I would suggest you post your message in the US board at http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e38/forum.php

Good luck

Registered Member
    Member No: 38378 phil.lomas is an unknown quantity at this point phil.lomas's Avatar

Yes | No

I would think that it would be more useful to post a message on the E39 or E36 forum. As far as I know there has never been a diesel version of the E38, 7 Series.
    As for BMW diesels, the E39 530d is superb. Good torque, power and excellent fuel consumption. I have driven Audi A6, A4, Peugeot, Ford and others all as diesels and the BMW is the best in my experience.
    2002 530d Sport Touring, Xenons.

Aussie740Limo

Yes | No

740d Europe only in LHD form

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 96403 BillRyan is an unknown quantity at this point BillRyan's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Diesel Cars-Thanks for you help.NT

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 96403 BillRyan is an unknown quantity at this point BillRyan's Avatar

Yes | No

Thank you very much. I will start looking based on the model type you suggested.

Ed

Yes | No

And they fly! I paced one at an indicated 270 or

so a few months ago! And no smoke!

Scott in Waterloo

Yes | No

from a Canadian...

Unfortunately BMW stopped selling diesel vehicles in Canada in 1988, with the phasing out of the E28 524td, and even those are very rare indeed.

The only diesel cars currently available in Canada are made by VW, but thankfully they offer virtually every model with a diesel option.
    Check out vw.ca for more info.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information