+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 96476 chickenhawk is an unknown quantity at this point chickenhawk's Avatar

Yes | No

Whats the best turbo for the 2.5 M20.

Acually whats the best size T3/T4 for the 2.5 m20. I have a T3 flange so i have to stick with that. What do you think would be a good hot, and cold size? Thanks

Kris

Yes | No

the answer is?

you need to specify some things or read up on some stuff.. See there are AR ratio's on the housings and trims for the compressor wheels.. and some people need to know if your keeping stock redline.. if so what is it :) and how many pounds of boost do you plan on running and at what compression ratio.. 6psi and 20psi require different turbos obviously.. if you have an intercooler then it will change it as well..

Registered Member
    Member No: 96476 chickenhawk is an unknown quantity at this point chickenhawk's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: the answer is?

Right now i have a T3 super 60. It runs out of steam in the higher rpms. With that turbo i run 14psi on the stock motor. I would run probably the same psi, but i would want a turbo that could hold 18- 20+ all the way to redline.The redline is the stock 6,400. The compression ratio in my car is about 8.6:1 I would want it to be able to be spooled up in the 3200-3300 rpm range. I have an intercooler, but its mounted behind the right high beam, so it doesn't get as much airflow as i would like, like a front mount. I have an aquamist water injection kit to go along with that intercooler though. Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 27969 turbo535 is an unknown quantity at this point turbo535's Avatar

Yes | No

the cartech intercooled one i have in my garage

email me if you have any interest.

Registered Member
    Member No: 75069 g57yle is an unknown quantity at this point g57yle's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Whats the best turbo for the 2.5 M20.

Dusty i have a question for you,

Do you know how much oil pressure is going to your turbo? and where are you getting it from?

At the mo im taking mine from the oil pressure switch location and when warm im getting about 5psi at idle and about 30psi while running fast.

Thanks in advance

G 57YLE MOTORSPORT inc

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Whats the best turbo for the 2.5 M20.

Im using oil pressure sensor to get my oil. As far as the pressure i don't know, i could never find a fitting to hook up my oil pressure gauge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information