+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 13642 rowdy1347 is an unknown quantity at this point rowdy1347's Avatar

Yes | No

Meet on 17th Jan @7 P.M. Scottsdale Pavillions!

Registered Member
    Member No: 24687 jmusubi is an unknown quantity at this point jmusubi's Avatar

Yes | No

opps....didn\'t see this

i was there at around 8pm w/ my e21 (altho i didn't park in the show area) with a couple other bimmer people. some of the guys were able to park in the 2nd isle on the SW side of the 'show-parking' area

-there was a white e30 w/ m-technic body kit & m50 motor swap (2.5 liter w/ m3 cams).....he's about to put in a full m-roadster suspension;
    -black e46 m3 smg w/ i-forged 19" rims (gunmetal w/ polished lips), various carbon-fiber trim, touch-screen mounted on his dash, pss9 coilovers, tri-flo exhaust, & euro floating rotors;
    -stock white e30 318is;
    -black e36 m3 w/ black painted rims, racing seats (i forget which kind of seat he has), one of those tv's w/ i guess an x-box in the trunk....can't remember if he still had any of his real/performance mods installed or if it was back to stock.

we're all on bimmerforums.com (southwest forum)......and we usually have anything from a mini pavillions get-together to a meet & drive event (some past drives we've done: prescott, payson, saguaro lake, tortilla flats, bisbee, mt. lemmon in tucson). there's talk of doing a drive to East-Southeast AZ, like around safford (supposed to be some awesome twisty roads), and mt. lemmon is almost done with their construction so that may be another possibility within the next few months.
    Also, sometime in april, a bunch of us are going to drive down to ********** in santa barbara...should be a ton of fun w/ a ton of bimmers._____________________
    Tricord's E21 site rocks!!!
    E21's on Bimmerforums :)

Registered Member

Yes | No

doh.....lol

lol, for some reason i thought the 17th was this past saturday.

anyways, i should be there this saturday, i would love to see some sharks up close._____________________

Registered Member
    Member No: 13642 rowdy1347 is an unknown quantity at this point rowdy1347's Avatar

Yes | No

You sounded a little lost, hope to see you there!

Registered Member
    Member No: 91601 m_and_msix is an unknown quantity at this point m_and_msix's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Meet on 17th Jan @7 P.M. Scottsdale Pavillions!

Let's enjoy the weather while we can, it'll be HOT before you know it.

See you there!

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

Registered Member

Yes | No

traffic update

this is for the people coming from tempe/chandler/mesa/gilbert area:

loop 101 northbound is CLOSED from the loop 202 off-ramp to indian school road this whole weekend. right now (12pm), the 101 northbound is backed up to at least US-60 (probably a lot more).....and it's probably still going to be bad thru the evening, so find an alternate route towards indian school rd to get back on the 101 northbound. i guess alma school, hayden, or scottsdale roads should be okay._____________________

Registered Member

Yes | No

saw a red m6

saw a mint red m6 with something like 53k or 58k miles & HRE wheels. that car was awesome! but i don't think the owner (M_and_Msix??? or Rowdy1347??) was around so i could oggle over the s38 :)

i got there at around 7pm...but parked in the 3rd or 4th isle at around 8:30pm (three e21's, one e30, & two e36's)_____________________

Registered Member

Yes | No

Got there at 7 and saw maybe 2 bimmers, the M6 is

definitely not mine. I have a black 635 U.S. model with LINI 6 license plates. I drove and walked all over the place and didn't see any group of BMW's. Liked the yellow superbird though.
    Larry

Registered Member
    Member No: 91601 m_and_msix is an unknown quantity at this point m_and_msix's Avatar

Yes | No

The red M6 is...

...mine. To the Planner(s), I'd like pass on this idea...NEVER go to the Pavillions to meet up with other BMW's. (unless you are meeting much earlier) That was such a pain in the A$$ trying to find a spot anywhere near the 2 BMW's that were together. If you want to meet up somewhere pick another place, it's a ZOO there on most weekends, and going down there on a weekend near the car Auction season is INSANE. There are so many places to meet and or cruise to that the Pavillions is (or should be) the last place to consider. Besides it's almost all Customs and street rods, with very few "others", we did look a little out of place.

I used to go there with a 56 Chevy Panel Truck and felt more accepted than when I take the BMW.

Lets cruise somewhere, Prescott, Payson, Globe, Etc. these cars were meant to be DRIVEN!!

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yea I was disappointed 2, let's cruise!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Did 250+ miles yesterday, S. of Globe, area....

...and just south of Payson, the constuction detour on highway 88 forced me way north and turned it into a LONGTOUR. Still allot of fun though.

I didn't do much walking around so I'm not sure which car you came in? Are you driving a 6 car? I thought I saw your posts on the E24 page.

I'm trying to find more 6er's to do some in-state day trips with so keep that in mind if you run into more. Would also like to meet-up with the Southern AZ. 6 owners for the same.

My next event will be the (Firebird Raceway) BMW driving school at the end of the month, I'm going as a spectator mostly, want to see how it all goes down. If you want maybe we can meet up and cruise in together. Keep me posted if you choose to go.

Later,

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information