+ Reply to Thread
    mike d

Yes | No

32/36 WEBER CARB Mixture Screw????

Going thru archives, re: weber carbs, a wealth of information. I've noticed many conflicting tunning theories.
    Anyways.... Can someone tell me about mixture screw, (screw in.... Richer????) (screw out.... leaner???) i'm assumming this is correct, but i've noticed a couple of people have it the other way around!.... This could explain my problems.

NOTE: my plugs are black with carbon. Thanks mike.

ChrisL

Yes | No

Re: 32/36 WEBER CARB Mixture Screw????

Going thru archives, re: weber carbs, a wealth of information. I've noticed many conflicting tunning theories.
    Anyways.... Can someone tell me about mixture screw, (screw in.... Richer????) (screw out.... leaner???) i'm assumming this is correct, but i've noticed a couple of people have it the other way around!.... This could explain my problems.

Mike try, screwing in till it lightly bottoms out. then back out 2.5 turns, should be darn close..try adjusting your float level too. could cause it to run rich or lean too. easy fix..

Jim Hilton

Yes | No

Re: 32/36 WEBER CARB Mixture Screw????

hi, yes the idle mixture screw should be out about 2 turns, 60 idle jet, and make sure that the fuel pressure is not over 3 lbs, and make sure the float level is good. I sell Weber carbs.

Mike try, screwing in till it lightly bottoms out. then back out 2.5 turns, should be darn close..try adjusting your float level too. could cause it to run rich or lean too. easy fix..

Bill in MT

Yes | No

in=leaner, out=richer, I believe. (eom)

mike d

Yes | No

Re: in=leaner, out=richer, I believe. (eom)

Stupid question! Bill, thanks for the answer, can you confirm this??? thanks again

mike d

Yes | No

Stupid question! Bill, thanks for the answer, can you confirm this??? thanks again

Bill in MT

Yes | No

Well, that's how it is on the Solex and I think it makes sense if you look at the screw you are turning. All the way in cuts off all the gas. As you screw it out you let more and more gas in, richening the mixture.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information