+ Reply to Thread
    bimmer2.8

Yes | No

TSI TURBO KIT for 97 2.8 z3

anyone heard of the TSI brand. i found a kit with intercooler running at 6 psi for a 328, which they say will fit my 2.8 z3 with alittle custom intecooler mounting. my motor has 72000 on the clicker and runs VERY strong. i have done just about every mod performance wise except a SC or Turbo. this kit is about 3000 buckeroos and said to beable to give me a 56% increase in hp and torque. which would be up around 320 ponies in my bad boy. 3 grand less than the SC and only 20 horses less. 3 grand for 20 horses is too much, so here i come turbo kit. just wanted some input on what to do to the motor. i don't think 6psi will really hurt anything on a stock motor, but you never know. i want to do this before homecomming in south carolina, so will it still maintain its reliability overall. what do you guys think it will cost to have it installed. i have a service writer friend at the bmw dealer that says he can get one of the mechanics to do it on the side, but that they wouldn't do it during business hours if you know what i mean. so.... TSI any good, reliable, lasts, actually increase what it says it will. i am not at home otherwise i would post the link to the website i found it at. thanks for the info, i have not learned much about the turbo stuff thus far. z yall.

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 69391
    Inner Circle ©134 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

here is the link

http://www.turbo-kits.com/325_turbo_kits.htmlJesus rides a white horse!!

I'm sure He'd ride these 189!!

Inner Circle ©134 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

this is getting lame, come on guys

been checking my post here for awhile with no responses, this board IS for forced induction right, well noone seems to care. i got more responses on the z3 board, ONE!!!Jesus rides a white horse!!

Yes | No

thanks for the advise guys, NOT!!!!!!

Jesus rides a white horse!!

Turbo_Bimmer

Yes | No

Re: TSI TURBO KIT for 97 2.8 z3

I took a look at the web site you listed.

My personnal impression (take it for what it worth); I would continue to shop and compare. I don't say that their kit is not good, but some statements don't make sense to me.
    For example:
    They have two level of turbo, the Superior, and the Extreeeeme. Both kit run 6psi. The only difference is the addition of an intercooler for the Extreeeeme, which does not do a lot at 6 psi, since the air is not heated that much at this level of boost.
    Also, they are using a T25, which cannot make 300hp, but more something around 200hp. For 300hp, a T3 ( a big T3, 0.60AR) is required.

One good thing they have compared to other manufacturer, is the price. Below $3K compared to AA at more than 5K. But like they say, you get what you pay for...

Registered Member
    Member No: 6094 carzzi is an unknown quantity at this point carzzi's Avatar

Yes | No

Obviously, no software tuning is listed...

...that's where the money goes!Carzzi
    '97 Z3 2.8
    Sharked and Supersprinted
    '84 325e
    Drehkraftmeister

Registered Member
    Member No: 62872 dashiro is an unknown quantity at this point dashiro's Avatar

Yes | No

Turdmissle and a half (the kit I mean)

Take a look at the package. Compare it to the AA kit and tell me what comes to mind. You CANNOT run a T-25 on a 2.8L. A T-25 will only flow enough for a 1.6 to 1.8 (understand that the Audi/VW 1.8T use a similiar size turbo). If you are looking to do an inexpensive turbo then buy a Cartech or Proturbo manifold, get some pipes made at an exhaust shop and find a cheap T3 or larger on Ebay. Your car will end up slower with the kit those guys are selling...all that extra useless weight.

Yes | No

i\'ve got JimC on board already!

Jesus rides a white horse!!

Turbo_Bimmer

Yes | No

Re: i've got JimC on board already!

Jim C. software is a very good software, but it is developed for NA cars, and advances timing when on load. For a turbocharged application, the inverse should be done.
    So, you shoul reinstall, at least, your stock BMW software to reduce risks of detonation.

Yes | No

thanks, i believe the kit comes with software too.

i will probably go back to stock :-( i love the 500 more rpms and the no governer!! this sucks!! i wanna max the car out in the gears not with some stupid governer!!!! is there a software made for the turbo systems. the one for this kit i believe is just for the injector control system. the black box is to make the ECU not recognize the boost.Jesus rides a white horse!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information