+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

DIS

Yes | No

Wheel repair in Sacramento?

I need to...erase...some curb rash my wife brought home. Pretty good gouge in the lip of a M68 rear wheel!

Registered Member
    Member No: 15830 printrep is an unknown quantity at this point printrep's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Wheel repair in Sacramento?

IMHO there are two options depending on your budget and quality needs. The cheapest and easiest method is to contact and company like Colrs On Parade that have mobile vans that can come to you or any local dealer (you will see them in the back lots of Niello, Van Houson, Sac Jaguar, etc.) and they can do repairs on the car. They simply use a Dremel or similar tool to smooth out the area, mask the tire, and srapy the color then clear coat on the wheel. Depending on the extent of the damage, this can look pretty good. A more perfectionist way of doing it is to have the wheel remove from the vehicle, have the tire dismounted, and have a professional wheel refinisher such as Weidman Wheels (they are located up north a bit but have a weekly pickup and delivery to Sacramento) refinish the wheel. The downside to this method is the extra added cost and the time without your wheel. Hope this helps.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15830 printrep is an unknown quantity at this point printrep's Avatar

Yes | No

I just read my post and...

I'm sorry about all the typo's and spelling errors! I was in a hurry!

DIS

Yes | No

My problem is....

..my wife actually took a good chunk out of the lip with a hard curb scrape; it will take more than a once over with a dremel. Need to have some metal built up back on the lip. Sending the wheel out is no problem as they are my summer tires and are just sitting in the shed right now.

Mark

Yes | No

Re: My problem is....

Did you find a good shop locally...Unfortunately, I cannot blame my wife, but I am thinking I need some uild up work done as well. Thanks,

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Try Precision Wheel on Fulton & Cottage.

I had a chat w/one of the guys there who said they do wheel repair work. He's related to a good friend, so I assume he wasn't giving me any BS.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Greg

Yes | No

Got a good referral from Shanahans Body...

but can't find it at the moment. Believe it was Pacific Rims, somehwhere in Bay area...

Letty

Yes | No

Re: Got a good referral from Shanahans Body...

I think I have the number you're looking for...I called them this morning and they have really reasonable prices...I was hoping to find someone local though. The number is 800-928-6746, they're only open M-F, 8-5

Registered Member
    Member No: 22083 rkt-mn is an unknown quantity at this point rkt-mn's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Wheel repair in Sacramento?

kelly's custom wheels 209 547 9246 in Stockton CA
    the man is good!!

SLK 04
    525 I 89

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information