+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    subnet

Yes | No

Re: STAY AWAY from VOB BMW in Rockville!!

Agreed,

They are freaking horrible. I brought my A/C in under warranty to get fixed. They said it was fixed and I drove off in 90 degree heat. I was sweating like crazy because they didn't fix it. It amazes me that someone could be told to fix the A/C and then not sit in the car, start it up and check to see if it works. It defies logic. They suck.

sub

Jake

Yes | No

stay away from bimmer's in arlington

those guys are a bunch of clowns. they took the most basic bodywork and totally messed it up. overspray, non-matching paint color, fingerprints (!) in the paintwork, where the heck does it end?!?!?!

David

Yes | No

Re: Just strayed from BMW of Fairfax

Yes, stay away from Fairfax BMW.

I tested a 330i and the guys was complaining about me breaking the speed limit (10mpg over. Ooooooooo!!!!) and refused to let me test on the highway.

"We don't test on the highway" he said.

I wonder how they sell M3s, let along any car at all.

ant_live

Yes | No

I am going to VOB BMW in Rockville on Wednesday..Should I not go there? Are they that bad??

Registered Member
    Member No: 14385 shastamutt is an unknown quantity at this point shastamutt's Avatar

Yes | No

I've use the Crown Richmond BMW dealer &

have no complaints.
    Shastamutt :-)
    2K 2.3 Z3 Topaz Blue/Beige/Beige

Eric

Yes | No

I called them to get a quote for a radiator for my 525i and they told me the car had a 3.0l engine instead of a 2.5l

rwok

Yes | No

Re: Area Dealers. New to area

when you decide to use an independant shop you should look into Blue Ridge Motorworks on River road in Charlottesville. I worked there as a tech for a couple of years. (my leaving was for personal reasons not business)
    They hold the value of getting the vehicle repaired and the customer satisified to be paramount.
    That is why I passed up on a job offer from Crown. I feel your pain with that outfit

Keeno

Yes | No

Try Richmond BMW-Midlothian-very pleased!

Registered Member
    Member No: 116690 eliask is an unknown quantity at this point eliask's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Donnie Mitchell is the man!!!

Do you have contact info for Donnie Mitchell?
    Thanks,
    Elias1993 740i dark silver 125k miles Fairfax Virginia

04cisped

Yes | No

What didn't you like?

I've been to BMW of C'ville on two occasions for service and other than the congested parking lot, had no complaints. Did I catch them on a good day?

Thanks,
    Ed

BMWGUY

Yes | No

Re: I love VOB BMW in Rockville!!

I love the service and the people at VOB BMW. Some of you should get a grip. If you're not happy look at the mirror sometimes.

theGreenGoblin

Yes | No

riiiiiight....

Let me guess... your car is under warranty, right?

If not, and you are actually taking your car to a BMW dealer because you 'love the service and the people' you might want to look in the mirror yourself... you'll might notice the trail of green bills flying out of your pocket as they overcharge you for botched repairs and OEM junk...

Good luck -

BMWDUDE

Yes | No

BMWDUDE

Yes | No

TISCHER BMW 301-890-3000

Wing Tang

Yes | No

Re: riiiiiight....

Yeah, I would never go back to the VOB BMW in Rockville any more, this is what happen to me on my 328i. Friday took the car in to replace the radiator, cost about $1000. Pick up the car on Friday evening, as soon as I got home, the rediator start leaking again, then took it back on Monday, got a quick fix, and then Monday night, it leaks again and took it back in today, Thursday, and see what happen later on when I go pick up the car...I wish I check this before I took my bimmer to VOB!

Registered Member
    Member No: 119352 BMWFleet is an unknown quantity at this point BMWFleet's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Passport is okay and took good care of me but

I do most of my own work, so can only relay one experience with Passport.

I've dealt with the guys in parts for years and they've treated me well - even set me up with a discount for repeat business. Not quite jobber cost, but it saves in the long run.

Recently had a problem with the transmission slipping on our 99 528 wagon that was under CPO warranty. The first time in, they read the computer, said there was no problem, and charged us $100. Test drive? No. The second time a tech went for a ride with me and acknowledged a problem before we ever got out of the parking lot. It took over 2 weeks to get the car back w/ a rebuilt tranny. Some of it was Passport, some of it BMW NA - all warranty work must be okayed by the mothership in order for it to be covered. Laziness on the part of Pasport to follow up and lack of response on the part of BMW NA. After week 1, we got a loaner out of the deal... a 328 with a - get this - slipping transmission. Heh. The team leader was Peter - he was a bit scrambled between the ears... But that's just one data point.

We did have to have "emergency" work (water pump died and in turn took out the radiator) done at Fairfax BMW. The work was satisfactory but thier parts were so f'n expensive that I bought them at Passport and took them to Fairfax for installation and probably saved $100.

FWIW

Registered Member
    Member No: 119352 BMWFleet is an unknown quantity at this point BMWFleet's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Just strayed from BMW of Fairfax

I concur on Fairfax's cost - see my thread under the Passport discussion.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Good deal for Donnie! I wondered where he snuck off to - I know him from Passport. I don't get by Tischer too often but I'll kep that in mind.

Registered Member
    Member No: 120793 johnnyoo is an unknown quantity at this point johnnyoo's Avatar

Yes | No

I had a pretty good experience over at VOB BMW in Rockville. I like how they don't charge you a processing fee at the end (HBL Tysons added $250 at the end to my mom's purchase). All you pay for is your car and your tax. They take care of the tags for you without the $200 that most dealers like to add. Not sure what their service dept. is like though, cause I haven't taken my car in yet.

Registered Member
    Member No: 75805 Faisal_in_Laurel is an unknown quantity at this point Faisal_in_Laurel's Avatar

Yes | No

Yup...Car Sales and Car Service totally differ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information