+ Reply to Thread
    Alex

Yes | No

Radio Removal

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the radio from a UK spec E39 5 series? I thought that there was a torx screw behind the volume switch, and although this has been confirmed by contacts on the US Message Board, I still can't see the screw or how to release the radio from its location......I need to get the radio out to fix the cassette door, which isn't staying down anymore - I've been told that there is a little damper/oil pot that is probably broken and needs replacing - doea anuyone have any ideas where I can get one of these?

Any help with any of this would be really helpful. Thanks

UKPhil530dT

Yes | No

Re: Radio Removal

If you follow the link shown, there are instructions on radio removal for all the variants. We use Dashmount to provide the damage free bracketry for car phone installs on our fleet of cars. I can thoroughly recommend them, radio mute to front audio speakers, plays through the front speakers, no visible damage to interior and you don't have to do any wiring. The kit supplied by them goes between the loom and the radio and does everything.

CarlosJ

Yes | No

Hi Alex,

Did you manage to remove your business rds unit? I do have exactly the same problem as you. Any tips? What screws should I take? I want to install a CD-changer and I need to get the back of the radio.
    best regards,
    Carlos

Steve (UK)

Yes | No

Checkout www.BMWtips.com - excellent guide there

CarlosJ

Yes | No

Re: Checkout www.BMWtips.com - excellent guide there

Perfect. Thanks Steve. Need to find out if the 97 E39 touring is pre-wired to plug a CD-changer on the back left side.

regards,
    Carlos

Steve (UK)

Yes | No

It should be there. All E39's pre-wired for CD

eddyamber

Yes | No

HI i got this from another thread. Hope it helps.

roll the ac vents up as far as possible. then with your torx #15 or 20 loosen the two screws one on each side then roll the ac vents down to access the metal spring clips holding the top of the trim behind vents. release clips with a pic. Then open the ashtray door and reach in above the door and find the metal spring clips one on each side. I use a special radiator tool from snap on to release these but you can use a screwdriver. then the trim panel comes off.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167926 adolphe is an unknown quantity at this point adolphe's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Radio Removal : jaguar XF

Please as anyone got some information on how to remove the radio on a jaguar xf 2008, in order to fit a audio loom. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information