+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edmonton

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 99453 Acorn is an unknown quantity at this point Acorn's Avatar

Yes | No

Edmonton

A quick search produced a few guys that live in, or near, Edmonton and have dealt with people there. I may be moving there this Summer, and I'd like to know what dealers and independent shops are there, including opinions on prices and service available.

I have an '03 E46, and will probably want to buy something else as a winter beater, if Edmonton used Bimmer prices are reasonable (otherwise I'll try to make my '88 Dakota roadworthy before the snow flys.)

Cheers,
    Acorn

Ernie Slubik

Yes | No

Re: Edmonton

When I looked around last year I found the used (and new) BMW prices to be rather expensive in Edmonton. Having said that there seems to be a nice 635 for sale in Calgary at a decent price, but in general good deals seemed to be hard to find. IMHO. Look for Stuart Adams on the 635 board, he lives in Edmonton and might be able to direct you to a BMW tech. Good luck.

Registered Member
    Member No: 49808 duckguy is an unknown quantity at this point duckguy's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Edmonton

Where would you be moving from? Prices are fairly reasonable and inline with what your would find elsewhere. As to shop, that depends on what you are servicing and what you feel is reasonable pricing. email me at my roadfly account and we can discuss it further.

Scott (duckguy) in Leduc, 16 kms south of Edmonton

fast1eddy

Yes | No

I do most of my own repaa

fast1eddy

Yes | No

I do most of my own repairs but .............

I recently took my car in for a rear diff leak to Karmac. Theo there seems like a decent guy. Pricing was OK. The other shops are Bavaria BMW (dealer)and Eurasia.

DonP

Yes | No

Unfortunately Eurasia burned down...

more than a year ago. I got a letter from Michael the owner, a while back indicating that he was not going to rebuild. However, he mentioned that his shop foreman (Ron) was going to open a shop but I don't know if it was ever opened. I think the name was going to change slightly, but it was still going to be Eurasia ??????.

Don

Registered Member
    Member No: 29953 BMWguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point BMWguy22's Avatar

Yes | No

my car\'s from Karmac....

it was serviced there since new. Another really good shop with lower prices, is Alberta Motorworks, that's where I got my car inspected when I was gettign the pre-purchase inspection done. Franks'a really nice guy, whos also very helpful.St/\\\nford
    e30 M1

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information