+ Reply to Thread
    Rick

Yes | No

What are TVRs like in comparison to M3s?

Registered Member
    Member No: 76887 MikeDov is an unknown quantity at this point MikeDov's Avatar

Yes | No

Not very reliable, not for every day use.

I love TVR's, they look good and sound stunning, the only thing with them is that (from what I know) they are not the most reliable beasts in the world, they did suffer with lots of electrical problems!

One other point is that an M3 can be used every day (E36, E46 that is) and will carry 4 people in some form of comfort, any TVR will not be as comfortable, even if you are the one driving it!!!! after a few hours on a motorway in one you will never want to get back in the thing!!!!

Thats my view, what you are compairing are two totally different machines, to put it as an extreme 'Whats a Rolls Royce like in comparison to a F50',it depends what you want ;-)
    Got one,

Race one,

Would give my right B0LL0CK for one!

Aussie740Limo

Yes | No

I know a guy in England with a De Tomaso

Longchamps coupe - it has a 351 Cleveland pushrod V8 with an FMX 3 speed auto and an Italian body and seating position.

He loves it to bits and says he has the perfect blend - American/Aussie engine reliability (351 Clevelands were Australian manufacture from 1974 to 1983), and Italian looks and sports.

Cheers

JOHN

Registered Member
    Member No: 76887 MikeDov is an unknown quantity at this point MikeDov's Avatar

Yes | No

If its a De Tomaso your after >>>>>>

Then its got to be a Pantera.

I have only ever seen one of these on the road in the UK.
    They do look swish though, sort of like a Lamborghini Jalpa on steroids :-)
    Got one,

Race one,

Would give my right B0LL0CK for one!

Aussie740Limo

Yes | No

Oooh yeah - top one\'s an EFI 5.0L, bottom one\'s

got an Aussie 351 Cleveland.

The Aussie importer brought probably 30 into Oz in the affluent 80s, and one was nail polish pink for the wife of a medical centre entrepreneur.

There was one doing the rounds of the hot rod circuit a few years ago with 4 x 48IDA Webers on its seriously worked Cleveland, and it was a beautiful machine. Legend has it it would eat Testarossa's all day long, and could top 300km/h.

Lovely cars - only thing wrong was the build quality and the shocking RHD conversion using rods and bars under the dash.

I'd still have one.

Cheers

JOHN

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information