+ Reply to Thread
    ///ARINUTS...

Yes | No

Air Flow Meter, After compressor or before???

I see that most of you guys have the air flow meter before the compressor. Why is that? The factory did the same thing on the E23 745i.

What if I put the AFM after the compressor, after my intercooler, much closer to the throttle body. Would that make a difference in anyway?

Which way is better.

below is a link to a guy that put the AFM after the compressor on a ford prob and had much better driveability.

By the way, this is for my 87 325i, but the general idea is the same as all cars with AFM and motronic.

Registered Member
    Member No: 33756 captdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point captdaddy's Avatar

Yes | No

I found this in the archives...

I have seen and heard the AFM before and after the compressor and I am still not sure where is best. Maybe this board will perk up and have a discussion on this point??

Registered Member
    Member No: 29165 puce is an unknown quantity at this point puce's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I found this in the archives...

Hi!

I have AFM before turbo. Probably because of oil getting from turbo which could damage AFM. Also I have AUDI TT BOV. It dumps air between turbo and AFM. Works fine and reliefs preasure in the pipes. Without BOV don't even think to put AFM after turbo it definetly damage it.. That's what I think.J.K.jr.bad.
    BMW 527TiS '89
    BMW 316 e21 '82

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information