+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 21717 cgroos is an unknown quantity at this point cgroos's Avatar

Yes | No

Ralf\'s comments re: Williams

Does anyone here think that Ralf's criticism of Williams (re: not doing enough to keep JPM) might be the start of Ralf building his OWN case against Williams? For example, "Williams didn't try to keep JPM, and they didn't try to keep me either, and THAT'S why I am driving for Toyota in 2005."

AndyO

Yes | No

Where was this article published???

Registered Member
    Member No: 14380 caylan is an unknown quantity at this point caylan's Avatar

Yes | No

Desperate attempt @ getting bigger paychex

from a team that he really doesn't want to leave. That's all.
    BTW, calling FW names doesn't help...

Registered Member
    Member No: 21717 cgroos is an unknown quantity at this point cgroos's Avatar

Yes | No

Here ...

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/19907

Ralf Schumacher was shocked at Juan Pablo Montoyaís decision to leave Williams and thinks Jenson Button will replace him.

The German said he was also surprised Williams let the Colombian star go to rivals McLaren so easily.

He told The Guardian: "I was very surprised that Williams didn't keep Juan.

"He is a top driver but they gave him the opportunity to leave. Juan felt he'd had enough and needed another challenge. But Williams didn't fight too hard to keep him.

"I think it's a shame to lose Juan. It's even more disappointing that he is moving to a strong team."

Schumacher believes Button will replace Montoya, despite the Briton pledging his immediate future with BAR. Schumacher also believes Jaguarís Mark Webber is an option for the team.

He said: ďI think Jenson Button would be a good bet. [But] Webber... Well, that would be much easier for me if it's Webber rather than Button."

It could be that Ralf himself leaves Williams at the end of this year after so far failing to reach a contract agreement with team boss Frank Williams.

Schumacher was due to sign a new deal at the Japanese GP last year but Williams pulled out at the last minute.

Negotiations are not due to commence again until later in the year.

Mr. Snake

Yes | No

Re: Desperate attempt @ getting bigger paychex

Agreed. A mistake leaving the team that's destined to take the championship with the best engine in F-1!

Registered Member
    Member No: 13373 DTMurf is an unknown quantity at this point DTMurf's Avatar

Yes | No

If Frank won\'t pay a winning driver, what (long)

chance has Ralf. Of course I agree Williams are "destined to take the championship with the best engine" but thatís one of the problems! Frank believes that if he gives a driver the best car (best engine), then that driver should win the championship and if he does, he did so because he had the best equipment so there was little Ďdriving talentí involved. Look at the history...why have the championship winning drivers always moved on...because Frank wonít pay them the going rate. Iím sure his argument is that he pays them based on what he calculates their worth to be; believing that if he puts any driver, from say the top half of the grid, into his car, they would/could win the championship too.

Iím not saying the drivers are overpaid, those few that are paid by the team they drive for, but like every other sport where professional Ďathletesí are involved, the amount they are paid and the amount that should be paid are miles apartÖat least with motorspor, the guy is putting it on the line!

As for Ralf, I canít see a good way for this to end; best case, the carís on the pace right out of the box and he wins the championship... heíll wants even more money that heís looking for now and Frank isnít going to pay it. Worst case, the carís a dog and even if they develop it over the course of the season (like they did in 03) into something decent, Ralf is going to [Oops!] about it during the development and Williams are going to say heís not getting the most out of it...heíll still be looking for the kind of money that Frank is unwilling to pay him now with nothing 'new' to bring to the table.

Is Ralf putting to much fate into thinking that BMW wants a German driver...maybe he is, but I think Frank is looking at the drives market for 05 and saying to himself, why should I pay Ralf any more than Iím paying him now and maybe I can pay him less because, after all, whereís he going to go to get a drive half as good as the Williams? Ferrari are locked up as are McLaren, maybe Renault but only if they are looking to replace Jarno Trulli which is debatable at this point and will depend on how he performs this year.

The only thing working in Ralf favor is that Williams will not want to change both drivers at the same time, only time will tell...

Vu999

Yes | No

Very well put & sorry to all the Ralf fans out

there but history will repeat itself @ Wills once more.

AndyO

Yes | No

Thanks, Interesting

AndyO

Yes | No

Well Written In addittion

Maybe Williams brass knows something we don't.
    LY Ralph took a bad wreck in testing in Italy (I think Imola) at the end of the season, and wasn't the same agressive driver, remember the 3rd driver drove for him in the next race and did very well (can't remember the drivers name)

Ralph is too finnicky, all the conditions including the planets need to be in perfect alignment for him to be competitive otherwise he is sulking.

If Ralph goes to Toyota, this will work against him for a PR move, the German fans won't support him, and if Ralph does sign with Toyota, he is a money grabber, and his career will really go backwards as a driver and spokesman.

Even when Ralph is competitive in a race, I still hold my breath that he doesn't spin out or some other brain lapse he comes up with.

I would like to see Jenson Button come back, I think he has grown up and ca communicate with the Williams crew.

Furthermore, Ralph comments about Montoya is just a smoke screen, Ralph and JPM never did get along and Ralph was always pouting.
    Ralph figured when JPM was gone, there was more money available and Ralph was entitled to it for his "experience" Frank Williams sees it another way, back to earlier point that Ralph isn't 100% after the wreck in Italy.
    Page End

Ed

Yes | No

Even if he won the title this year, he could go

the route of Mansell, Villeneuve and Hill.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13373 DTMurf is an unknown quantity at this point DTMurf's Avatar

Yes | No

Marc Gene

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information