+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 103587 e30mike is an unknown quantity at this point e30mike's Avatar

Yes | No

intercooler mounting

I was looking under my car today (90' 325i) trying to figure out where an intercooler could be mounted.

Any suggestions? Is there anyway it can be mounted low, infront of the radiator?

anyone remove their radiator fan to creat more space down there? would this cause engine heat problems?

Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 103360 TurboBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point TurboBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: intercooler mounting

Mine fits behind the spoiler. It is a very thight fit. I had to cut some sheetmetal around the air ducts.

Registered Member
    Member No: 103360 TurboBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point TurboBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

I forgot to say that the electric fan had to go. I don't know about cooling, since I did that mod this winter. If I need an electric fan, I will buy two small ones to fit in the upper part of the radiator.

Michel.

Registered Member

Yes | No

do you have the dimensions on that intercooler? make?

also, could i get your email address, i'd like to ask you a few questions about you set up.

Mike

Registered Member

Yes | No

The dimensions are 31"W X 8"H X 2.5" . The core itself is 25X8.
    It is a custom made ic, some no make available. The guy who made it, buys ic cores and cut them to the size required.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81246 X2theZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point X2theZ3's Avatar

Yes | No

hey...?

What kind of intercooler is that?

Registered Member
    Member No: 81246 X2theZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point X2theZ3's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: hey...?

nevermind i didnt see that it was the same person

Registered Member

Yes | No

where did you get that front lip? i see it is the stock airdamn with a bigger lip on the bottom.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Where I got that front lip?

Well, when I bought the car, it had no spoler or lip at all. I didn't have the money for an aftermarket spoiler since I had to buy mags and wide tires and fix the car. Soooo, while talking with my friend who owns a auto part store, he looked at an early Jimmy S-15 in the parking lot and found that the Jimmy's spoiler should be a close fit for my car.
    So I ordered one (brand new jobber part) for $20CAN ! The fit is not perfect, but good (only the radius of the corners that are differents). The lip is too long though, I mean too close to the ground, so I cut 1 or 2 inches and glued some 90* brackets behind it and it was done.

It was supposed to be a temporary installation, but finally, it looks better than the BMW spoiler lip, so I decided to keep it on the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information