+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Window Tint

Registered Member
    Member No: 87337 kkim312 is an unknown quantity at this point kkim312's Avatar

Yes | No

Window Tint

I have 03 530I Topaz Blue Metallic. Need to tint the windows but I know nothing about tint. Are there different types? How dark should I go? I dont want something that is just going to come off after a while. What type of place should I go to(Bergen County in NJ) and can I tint front? (I saw lot of people tint in front eventhough NJ prohibit tint in front) Any advise,,,,,,?????

Registered Member
    Member No: 79565 Thor720 is an unknown quantity at this point Thor720's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Window Tint

tints go by grades. lower the number less light that passes through which makes window darker. average is about 30-35% too dark is just a kick me sign, along with front window, because God Forbid you get pulled over, they have power to have you rip off tint on spot.

so usually 35% is best in my opinion. and would suggest not tinting front window. hope this helps if not, ask more questions.

Thor720

Registered Member
    Member No: 103965 gthomp8557 is an unknown quantity at this point gthomp8557's Avatar

Yes | No

There is a place on Rt 46 East in Lodi at the Westminister Place intersection. It is on your right as you head towards NYC. I cannot for the life of me remember the place, but it is a performance shop. The only other place I can think of is in Wayne off of 287 where it meets Rt 23. It is where I had my truck windows done. It takes all day and you have to be careful because it is installed from the inside and if you hit it with something sharp you can cause a mark or rip of the tinting. I would not suggest getting the front done. My daughters boyfriend bought a truck from a dealer and when he went to inspection they failed him and made him take the tint off.

BimmerKid

Yes | No

Tidy Car in Mahwah

It is on Franklin Tpke in Mahwah. Right across from Mahwah Ford

-SB

qtrto8

Yes | No

Top of the Line Tint in Lodi NJ is imho the best by far in the area and I have done my research. He uses 3m film and does a flawless job, i always reccomend him to friends. It is located on Rt. 45 in lodi. I live near Fort Lee and he is 20 mins from me. Ask for Phil at 973-745-0400 and tell him Raj sent you(BLUE 745Li). They have a website i think it is topofthelinetint.com. There they explain tint grades and things of that nature. And BTW go for the tinted front windows. I have 35% all around and have no problem with the cops bc they are not that dark. Hope that helps. Good Day.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104126 john1225 is an unknown quantity at this point john1225's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm also interested in window tint for my 2001 330Xi but it seems that the few places recommended here are far away from me. Anyone reccomend a place in Hunterdon county or central NJ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information