+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 103673 78akula is an unknown quantity at this point 78akula's Avatar

Yes | No

New (to me) 78 633csi

After missing out on a hand full of sixers on eBay, I picked up a project car -- a '78 633csi. It's not gotten the lovin' it deserved over the past few years, so I brought it home.

I'm looking for a good shop in Northern VA (Loudoun/Fairfax counties) for some mechanical work. Can anyone recommend a good shop?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

Are the repairs beyond your ability?

E-24s aren't too complicated to work on, especially the E-12 variety. What do you need done to your new car? Painting? Body work? Engine/suspension maintenance? We can probably narrow down your choices.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    88 M3

rwok

Yes | No

Re: New (to me) 78 633csi

Damn I wish I Knew You were looking for a good deal on a 6 Mine is on the block an 88 L6 with a five spd. very rare I just have too many cars. See it at www.villwockauto.com
    This site is just a spoof not an infringement on any real business.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: New (to me) 78 633csi

That is a sharp looking 6. I found out about this board only after I bought my sixer.

Oh well.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Are the repairs beyond your ability?

Yes and no. The price was good on the car, so I jumped on it before I had a mechanic look it over -- I couldn't ever do it, but I knew that the sum total of the parts the previous owner had into it was about twice what he was asking for. He felt guilty about not having time to restore it.

I wanted to find a good mechanic to look at the engine/electrical/suspension to give me an idea on what repairs are imminent and what repairs are looming around the corner. I got a list of mechanics from Dan on the 6 Series board.

The other work I plan on doing myself, for the most part. The rear quarter panel is suffering from an abundance of filler, the leather needs attention.

Thanks,
    Bill
    78 633CSi

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

Good luck.

All of the suspension is very easy to do yourself. All of the routine maintenance items are within a novice's ability, such as brakes, valve adjustments, oil changes, steering, etc. You have an E-12 version, so you may want to buy a E-12 Bentley manual (if they exist).

Good luck, and visit the E-24 board with your technical questions.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    88 M3

Corbin 90'735iL

Yes | No

Springfield Auto Care - the owner will answer the

phone. His name is Lee, tell him Kenny sent you. This not a BMW shop but he works on evertyhing. Has a good size shop with about 6 mechanics. I have been going to him for about 7 yrs. as do my family and friends. he man is good old fashion HONEST which now days, to me, is the most important. he has done a few things to my 735iL, which I have had for only 2 mo., and his prices are very fair. The Phone Number is 703-355-7644 give him a call. Good Luck

Registered Member
    Member No: 15294 pgzee3 is an unknown quantity at this point pgzee3's Avatar

Yes | No

Where in Springfield?

Springfield Mall

Yes | No

Down 95 south by the big white fuel tanks 5mi from

90 735iL 138K

Registered Member
    Member No: 62905 Jlatker is an unknown quantity at this point Jlatker's Avatar

Yes | No

Try J&F Motors in Arlington

I've been using them to fix my Bimmers since 1988.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information