+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 87794 Lor_001 is an unknown quantity at this point Lor_001's Avatar

Yes | No

T25s on cartech twin manifold?

Hi, I have one of the M30 cartech twin manifolds. I am interested in using T25s for better price and faster spooling. I have just started researching and have seen T25s meant for honda civics go for pretty cheap. At 20psi, can I get 500hp with these on my 3.5L or will they poop out before redline? I think the 265 tranny won't take more than 525hp. Any recommendations on compressor/turbine wheel sizes? Would it help the low end power to make one turbo smaller and the other big for top end?

Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 43786 bilodeaulynn is an unknown quantity at this point bilodeaulynn's Avatar

Yes | No

You don\'t really want that (Jedi mind game)

I think you better use an old 745i manifold and give me that twin turbo cartech piece before you hurt yourself. I just happen to know where you can get a 745i manifold. Even trade, what do you say? (remember, you don't really want that).

No, really I am a bit jealous. I don't know squat about going twin, but suspect you are best off with a matched pair.

BTW where did you find the manifold?

Lynn

///ARINUTS...

Yes | No

Actually, you don't need Twin......

On an inline engine, A twin set up will give you no real benefit over a single set up. Ask Sweeny, he had a twin system at some point and went back to a single set up. only when you want big boost, more boost than the biggest turbocharger can handel, then you can use a twin to achieve more boost. Get It?? Only on V engines do twin set ups benefit in terms of spool up time and boost level.

Registered Member
    Member No: 43786 bilodeaulynn is an unknown quantity at this point bilodeaulynn's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Actually, you don't need Twin......

I personally have no experience with twin, but I do know there is a great deal of disagreement on this topic.

I have some ideas on what works best, but all theoretical.

Do your own research and make your own decisions. I would think Corky Bell would be the best source on this one.

Just my 2 cents.

Lynn

Sweeney 635 Twin Turbo
    Member No: Sweeney 635 Twin Turbo's Avatar

Yes | No

I still have my twin on my car and Todd now has >>

another one of the 16 that were made on an '82 745. I'll be switching to one of our (TCD) kits when I swap engines. The only way a twin setup would be better than a single is if it is a sequential system. This allows for a broader range than can be acheved by a single turbo. You must remember that even though you have two turbos, you also have half the exhaust energy driving each one. On a "V" configured engine, packaging may come into play which will determine if you choose a single or twin system. There is a photo of my system (I modified the Cartech design to fit my chassis) on our TCD site which shows the complexity of the layout required to fit this in the car.
    BTW, Lor's manifold came from me.... my spare.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information