+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gearbox oil

Registered Member
    Member No: 103025 choccyfool is an unknown quantity at this point choccyfool's Avatar

Yes | No

gearbox oil

OK MY MISTAKE,THE CAR IS A 1997 740,CHASSIS DK83009,REG 15/08/97,HAVE USED BMW SUPPLIED FILTER. NOW CAN I HAVE SOME ANSWERS,PLEASE,ONLY JOKING

Registered Member
    Member No: 76887 MikeDov is an unknown quantity at this point MikeDov's Avatar

Yes | No

I am looking for it.

I am working on it, from the BMW ETK manual the car is a E38 740, engine is an M62 B44 and the gearbox is a A5S 44Z (auto).

From the manual it is saying that the gearbox oil is a lifetime fit so it does not give any quantity for the fluid (WTF!) so I will do a bit more hunting about to see what else I can find for you.

Sorry I cant give you any more info than this at the moment but I will keep looking.
    Got one,

Race one,

Would give my right B0LL0CK for one!

Registered Member

Yes | No

OK then, this is what I\'ve got>>>>>>

The total fill amount for the A5S 440Z is 9.7 liters and it says the top up ammount dependant on scope of repairs is 4 liters.

Hope this is what you were looking for!

As for the type of fluid then it refers to a 'transmission fluid application chart' item No SD92-113, I have not got this, however the list of life time oils it gives in the technical information system are, Shell LA2634, Esso LT71141 or Texaco ETL7045, so it looks like your car has one of these in it.

Got one,

Race one,

Registered Member
    Member No: 103025 choccyfool is an unknown quantity at this point choccyfool's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: OK then, this is what I've got>>>>>>

Thanks Mike,all done this morning,had a heart attack yesterday i thought we had put plenty of oil in but the box was erratic,everything back to normal now though cheers

Registered Member

Yes | No

No problem. Glad to be of some help :-)

Got one,

Race one,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information