+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 82165 95M3RC27 is an unknown quantity at this point 95M3RC27's Avatar

Yes | No

Club Racing Decals

I just recived my decals and logbook and was wondering if anyone could post some detailed pictures of how they arranged the decals on their car keeping in mind I will also be doing SCCA IT racing as well and need to appease both groups???

Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 50001 dHoleman is an unknown quantity at this point dHoleman's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Club Racing Decals

check the racing section of www.racepad.com. My number in BMWCCA is 303 and my number for SCCA is O3 so I just cover up the 3 and I have been good to go.

Registered Member
    Member No: 82165 95M3RC27 is an unknown quantity at this point 95M3RC27's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks. It looks like you cut the "ssfautoparts" decal in half right? The one provided to me is huge.

Also, did you cut out the tirerack decal? Once again the one that I received would cover up too much windshield.

Do you have the 14" Stoptech brakes on your car?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Registered Member
    Member No: 13316 Cochise is an unknown quantity at this point Cochise's Avatar

Yes | No

the Tire Rack decal is huge...

when you first hang it on there, take up as much of the top of the windshield as you'd like. this will leave you with a bunch left over on top. then, just cut off the excess from the top half of the banner. mine originally took up half the windscreen. they all come like that.

Registered Member
    Member No: 39030 EricH is an unknown quantity at this point EricH's Avatar

Yes | No

Here's a picture of my E30 M3 Club Racer, J-stock

Eric Heinrich
    E30 M3
    154 JS

Registered Member
    Member No: 15491 mgoulde is an unknown quantity at this point mgoulde's Avatar

Yes | No

Source for numbers/letters

If you haven't bought your numbers yet, I can recommend squierdesign.com. They are reasonably priced ($68 for everything I ordered, including my name), very fast (1 week from dropping the check in the mail to receiving the package), and good selection of fonts, colors and styles. My BMW number is 125 and SCCA is 35, so I had them right justify the 3 on white vinyl cling to put over the 12. A little tape will help keep it in place. Michael is very responsive to email queries.

Registered Member
    Member No: 50001 dHoleman is an unknown quantity at this point dHoleman's Avatar

Yes | No

reponse

Yes I cut the SSF decal in half. Allowed by the rules. When I got my tirerack decals the sent both the white one, which was just the letters and a much larger one that you are referring to. I used the smaller one.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Brakes

No, the brakes are the Movit kit which is based on the porsche 993TT

JoelG

Yes | No

I\'ll second that recommendation!

I've been #15 for a couple years in NASA and SCCA racing, but I had to change numbers for BMWCCA CR. I ordered a set of numbers from Squier on monday and had them on friday. The price was reasonable and everything was exactly as I ordered it. The only small complaint (very small) is he doesn't have a predefined package for BMWCCA racing so you have to order each item individually. Not a big deal, just takes a few more minutes to fill out the order form.

If you dont already have one, order a squeegee. It makes putting the numbers on a lot easier.

Joel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information