+ Reply to Thread
    BassDean

Yes | No

Anyone have any info on this turbocharger?

Anyone have any info on this turbocharger? Never seen one like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467492346&category=33741

Registered Member
    Member No: 46055 dnielsen is an unknown quantity at this point dnielsen's Avatar

Yes | No

Electric blower, curious how its controlled....

Sweeney 635 Twin Turbo
    Member No: Sweeney 635 Twin Turbo's Avatar

Yes | No

Silly, Silly, Silly >>>

Lets see. For the compressor to be in it's operating range it should be spinning at around 80-120K rpms. Producing boost to make, say, 300hp will require, oh, a conservative 10hp motor to turn the compressor. Have you ever seen the size of a 10hp electric motor? Do you think that motor is capable of 100+ thousand rpm? It's just the same old junk in a fancier package.

Registered Member
    Member No: 43786 bilodeaulynn is an unknown quantity at this point bilodeaulynn's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Electric blower, curious how its controlled....

It doesn't matter how it is controlled. As Sweeney says, no way it can turn fast enough to make usable boost.

Lynn

Registered Member
    Member No: 33756 captdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point captdaddy's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Electric blower, curious how its controlled....

I saw a web site where a guy put one on his car and it actually reduced the performance. I have not tested this theory, but I would think a normal engine would have an air flow rate greater than the output of the electric fan. Now, it might act as a governor for the kids...

Registered Member
    Member No: 46055 dnielsen is an unknown quantity at this point dnielsen's Avatar

Yes | No

it would keep the AFM door open..................

paul

Yes | No

starter motor attached to compressor

I saw a site detailing the use of these, though their designs involved a huge gearing going from the motor to the compressor and use of a much larger starter motor. I couldnt imagine them doing much.. Still even if you could get the speed and the power. its a 12v starter motor, it draws a ton of power, loads the alternator, would overheat/burn out if ran for more than just quick bursts. Interesting concept though.

paul

Yes | No

oops

that one isnt even a starter motor, didnt look at the wores, what a load of crap.

Registered Member
    Member No: 80501 etaylor4 is an unknown quantity at this point etaylor4's Avatar

Yes | No

This ones better!

This one might actaully work. Appears to be honest as admits long recharge time required on multiple batteries to run. Definately not the most practical way to go for several reasons, but interesting concept.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information