+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

andm99

Yes | No

I don't quite get it...

OK, so BMW is marketing the 1 Series in the US AND Europe. Thats fine except why bother with the US? If BMW truly is going to not bring in the 1 Series in hatchback form to the US during its first production year, why bother marketing here? Seems like a waste of money to martket a model to the US that it will never see.

Registered Member
    Member No: 89927 xyzzy is an unknown quantity at this point xyzzy's Avatar

Yes | No

What marketing is for US only

I don't recall seeing any. We know the waitfortheone.com site is registered but has not been used (yet?).

We know the UK gets the one on the 18th September + there is some kind of release in Germany on 24th March.

andm99

Yes | No

Re: What marketing is for US only

Well, nothing US specific, but it strikes me as odd that we get hype as well as Europe for something we won't see.

Registered Member
    Member No: 22374 MajorRugburn is an unknown quantity at this point MajorRugburn's Avatar

Yes | No

bmwag wants everyone to move to EU (m)

shipping costs are becoming a biatch :)) what i don't understand is who in their right mind will buy this yugoesqe bimmer?!

andm99

Yes | No

Re: bmwag wants everyone to move to EU (m)

I definitely look at the M version of this baby BMW. Also, if it came with a fairly well powered I6, even a current engine, with a lower weight than the E46, the 1er could be alot of fun to have. However, only with an I6 would I really want one.

Ed

Yes | No

A nice4 cyl 2,0 to 2,5 litre ///M would suit...

bubba451

Yes | No

I would

I don't understand: hatchbacks and wagons are experiencing a bit of a resurgence lately.
    I love my E46 but it's just so dang heavy. If these things perform like they're supposed to, I'd buy one quickly. An M1 hatchback would be sweet.

gtvr6

Yes | No

Ditto

I'm actually looking forward to the 2 Series / M2. By the time it's out and bugs are settled, I should be in the market to replace my 330Ci. Although I'd love a new 4 Series (435Ci???) I don't think I'm willing to shell-out what BMW NA is going to ask for the new 4 Series.

The M2 should be around the size of an E30 3 Series and if it looks like the pictures I've seen for the price, I'll take it. Best of all, being the entry level car, it should be a pure car avoiding gizmo's like the I-drive.

I hope BMWNA is listening...I know the 1/2 Series is meant to introduce younger buyers into the luxury market, but for me it would be more of a second car while the wife will have the more traditional family sedan.

my views for what ever they count.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information