+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone need exhaust work done in Boston?

Go to Lou's Custom Exhaust in Waltham and talk to Joe. They just put in a Flowmaster cat back system in my truck over my lunch hour (30 minutes with all new hangers and complicated bent pipes). Joe is a really cool guy, and they did a fantastic job at a really good price. They also have Magnaflow and other generic stuff.

I am in no way connected to Lou's, I just find it rare these days to find excellent service and a low price.

Bob K.

Registered Member
    Member No: 92707 540sport is on a distinguished road 540sport's Avatar

Yes | No

I need exhaust work done.

Bob, Is that a photo of your truck in your sig? That looks like a real heavy hauler :-) You look awful happy behind the wheel too!

Seriously though, I am thinking of deleting the HUGE resonator on my 540 which has the Dinan muffler. I want to replace it with either a straight piece of stainless tubing or, as others have recomended, a Walker racing resonator. This would involve welding stainless and possibly making up a new hanger. Is that something Lou's can do for me?
    Vinny

98 540i/6speed Arctic Silver/Grey
    3.15 Diff with Quaife Limited Slip
    Dinan Stage 2 clutch and flywheel, CAI, MAF
    front strut brace, exhaust & stage 4 software
    UUC short shifter, CDV deleted
    euro AE halogens, clear sides, smoked celis tails
    M5 fully functional mirrors
    Brakes, rims, tires & suspension coming soon

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, definitely..>

Check out the link to Lou's below. You can see there what brands they carry, but I am sure they would weld in a muffler you brought if you had them do all the pipes. They definitely weld stainless and did all custom hangers on my truck. Back when I was looking for an e39 540/6, I read the same thing about the resonator. Watch out though, I think it will be really loud without it. You may also want to consider a free flow cat if you want to get real power out of it. Lou's has the Magnaflow that a lot of people have used.

Bob K.

Yeah, my sig pic was one fun day. It's pretty hard to beat driving a Ford GT and a Ferrari 360 on a track on the same day. I never dreamed driving a Ferrari would be a let down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information