+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 94037 JoshQ is an unknown quantity at this point JoshQ's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone ever seen a 3.0L stroker M20 with turbo?

I have this wild idea to do this but there's a lot of things to figure out before spending a dime on it. I know I will have to talk to JE Pistons before starting to find out about what it will take to make low compression pistons for a stroker engine. Because of the longer stroke I'm not sure how to figure the height of the piston. I'm sure that the salesmen (or whoever draws up the custom pistons) at JE would be able to figure it out pretty easy. I don't know, what do you guys think about the idea. I know it's kind of over the top but that's kind of what I'm going for. This is going to be a project for my business as a promotional tool so in the end it probably won't be my every day car.
    -Josh
    Eurotec Norhtwest
    '89 325i

89325iturbo

Yes | No

Re: Anyone ever seen a 3.0L stroker M20 with turbo?

I would just do a 2.8 a lot cheaper, since you can use bmw parts except pistons. I've never seen one, so it would probably be something new.

Registered Member
    Member No: 94037 JoshQ is an unknown quantity at this point JoshQ's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Anyone ever seen a 3.0L stroker M20 with turbo?

I can still use all BMW OEM parts for the 3.0 or 3.1L stroker. You just use the S52 crank and machine the block to accept it. Then just bore out the cylinders 1mm. I'm doing some research on it as it would be cool to have something no one else has. A little over the top maybe, but that's what it's all about isn't it? :)
    -Josh

Registered Member
    Member No: 69031 diggin02s is an unknown quantity at this point diggin02s's Avatar

Yes | No

A little over the top has the best view

Steven
    1990 M5
    2000 Land Rover DII

Cacatfish

Yes | No

You\'re not gonna believe this, but......

I just missed buying a 1985 Euro 323i with a fully built 3.0 M20 with t4 turbo, Spearco intercooler, full suspension, the works.....
    I waffled....the car was for sale for $4k!!!! Yes, that's right, smogged and ready to go in CA with no problems for $4k!!! I cant believe I hesitated! Some guy bought it and immediately turned it around and sold it for $7500. Bastard!! Anyway, I have seen 1 of those.......:)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information