+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 104780 wvgirl is an unknown quantity at this point wvgirl's Avatar

Yes | No

Looking for surprise wedding gift...

Hi everyone! I am new to the board, this is my first post...

I live in WV and I am getting married next June. I am trying to find out some information about renting an antique BMW for a surprise present for my husband to be. I know nothing about BMWs, but would love to surprise him with a classic BMW sitting in the driveway of our reception hall, as we leave for our honeymoon. If anyone has any information, please let me know...

Thank you all so much!

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

It may be easier to rent the use of a Rolls.

I've never known any businesses that rent "antique" BMWs, but you may be able to find an individual who will rent you one...but I doubt it. Those machines are just too darn expensive to fix, and anyone who has done the restoration would be a fool to rent it to a 3rd party.

I don't one any antiques, but I still wouldn't even let my brother take either for the weekend.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    88 M3

Bill Rowe

Yes | No

Re: Looking for surprise wedding gift...

That's a great idea. Iíve seen classic cars listed for rent on the West Coast. You might search on Classic Car Rentals, etc. and see what come up. Location may be a problem. You didn't say were you are getting married. You might call some of the dealers in that area and local BMW CCA chapter and see what they suggest.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104780 wvgirl is an unknown quantity at this point wvgirl's Avatar

Yes | No

Location has been the problem. I've searched a few sites and can only find rental companies, as you said, on the west coast. I guess I'll have to keep looking. :)

Thank you for your advice.

rwok

Yes | No

Re: Looking for surprise wedding gift...

I would recomend forgetting a rental and suprise the old man with a new purchase. I would have realy liked if my wife had done that for me. Good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information