+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Chesapeake, VA, United States
    Member No: 32312 86_535i_VA is an unknown quantity at this point 86_535i_VA's Avatar
    Yes | No

Disapointed with the Hampton Roads CCA chapter >M>

It seems that most of the people are only drivers and not into working on their cars.

A couple of times I have tried to generate interest and have people come over to help with projects. I'm not looking for free labor but just some fun in a group event. Every time I have posted on the club yahooo mail group and recieved no response.

By contrast the St Louis Chapter that my brother belongs to is very group project oriented. If you say you are looking for help with a project, be prepared to beat them off with a stick.

Thanks for letting me vent.

86 535i
    84 325e
    00 528i
    68 Ford XLGT
    Dave's BMW Page

Registered Member
    Virginia Beach, VA, United States
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar
    Yes | No

Dave, email me with your particulars and I\'ll help

adding the events to the calendar. The chapter guys are always looking to add new chapter events.

As a suggestion, the older the car, the more likely the members will work on their cars. As an example, the 2002 boys are extremely active doing 02 stuff. I'm thinking you may want to designate something like a E-30 day, and only do E-30 stuff. I would love seeing a group of E-30 people meeting on the side (just like the 02 guys).

There are a lot of people in our chapter who turn their own wrenches. Having an event listed in the monthly newsletter should help.

85 M635CSi
    88 M3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information