+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 104782 jwsdmdmd is an unknown quantity at this point jwsdmdmd's Avatar

Yes | No

Moving to Scottsdale, best dealership

I will be moving to Scottsdale this summer, so which dealership to go to for service/upgrades? Should I try an independent shop instead?
    Thanks for your input

Registered Member
    Member No: 91601 m_and_msix is an unknown quantity at this point m_and_msix's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Moving to Scottsdale, best dealership

I prefer an Independant Shop over the dealeships, especially if you have an e24. Most dealers don't have the tech's on hand that know the finer points of these cars.

Be sure you ask if they have an e24 tech in house. I hear there is a quality shop on N. 7th st. (I think it's just north of Camelback). Sorry I don't have a name.

There is another shop called: Ultimate Auto, in the Scottsdale airpark. They did some work for me and did OK, but I found a shop ("Beyer Motor Works") much closer to my home and has done good work for me (on my 525iT) since I switched.
    I have an estimate from them for a timing chain job, just waiting until summer.

Email me when you get to town maybe we can get some of the local 6's to the mountains for a trip through the twisties.

Have you found a home in Scottsdale yet?

Cheers,

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

Jimmy03

Yes | No

I'll second the Beyer Motor Works

If your not too far away, they are worth it in my opinion. My family has tried a couple other places in the past with not as good luck, then found beyer and have always been pleased.

Registered Member
    Member No: 24687 jmusubi is an unknown quantity at this point jmusubi's Avatar

Yes | No

ah what the hell...i third Beyer :)

only brought my 320i in for a quick emissions diagnosis a few months ago. i dealt w/ tony and he was cool...haha, we started chatting about e21's for a little bit :)
    pretty nice facility...plus it's right next to my flight school.

Beyer is way over priced...This place
    Member No: Beyer is way over priced...This place's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I'll second the Beyer Motor Works

Don't get your BMW fixed there, that Tony guy is a frickin liar.

1200.00 to replace belts give me a brake...Screwed once, never again.

Coleman17

Yes | No

10 year Beyer customer, no problems

Roy (owner) has always taken good care of my car, been upfront and honest about everything I've had done there. Tony loves to talk cars has been a pleasure to deal with.

The shop mentioned in Phoenix (previously in this thread) is Bavarian Motors Limited, owned by a great guy, Andrew Sanchez. You'll see his name quite a bit in Roundel as he races all over the SW. Again, you'll get a fair shake and good work done on your car.

Colby
    '98 528

MS

Yes | No

I'll fourth them!

I drive a Mini Cooper S JCW. The dealers are known for overcharging - and you don't get what you pay for.

I discovered Roy and Beyer Motor Works a while back. They did an excellent job replacing my clutch and installing a limited slip diff.

And just recently they helped me track down an extremely elusive issue with my car. It's during this fault-finding mission that they gained a lot of respect from me...they had ample opportunity to exploit the situation (and just go on a parts-replacement spree) but they never did...they always kept me informed of what was going on, and on what they will try next. They took the issue extremely seriously and gave it a lot more TLC than a dealer would have. The issue was resolved, and frankly I'm impressed with the very realistic invoice they gave me for parts&labor.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104782 jwsdmdmd is an unknown quantity at this point jwsdmdmd's Avatar

Yes | No

Can\'t wait to get out there

I've heard good things about beyers thanks! And no I haven't found a place yet there are so many options I'm having trouble deciding. Again I'm a newbie to the area so any suggestions about anything are appreciated!
    Nice 6 is the the Roadrunner BMWCCA club pretty active out there?

Registered Member
    Member No: 102468 jawz is an unknown quantity at this point jawz's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Moving to Scottsdale, best dealership

Mark in Mesa,

I'm located im Mesa too. Where (in general) are you located?
    Black/Crema
    2003 Alpina #480

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information