+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 92452 arashid is an unknown quantity at this point arashid's Avatar

Yes | No

NYC parking garages where I can keep my keys?

Anyone know of any NYC parking garages where I can keep my own keys, and park my own car? The thought of the garage attendants joyriding in my M3 scares me to death. I'm looking for garages in the 23rd St., 6th Ave area. Thanks.

qtrto8

Yes | No

Re: NYC parking garages where I can keep my keys?

Im sorry to be of no help but i dont think anyone will let you do this, because it is a supposed fire hazard. Good Luck though.

Registered Member

Yes | No

A coworker does it in a garage uptown, but I

Registered Member
    Member No: 41339 joea2 is an unknown quantity at this point joea2's Avatar

Yes | No

I just ask and give them 5 if it's OK,if not leave

Registered Member
    Member No: 68310 bennykelly is an unknown quantity at this point bennykelly's Avatar

Yes | No

Park n Lock

Park n Lock garage on 42nd and 9th Ave (middle of block, on North side of 42nd). You park it yourself.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104646 VIR-MD is an unknown quantity at this point VIR-MD's Avatar

Yes | No

question:

How are the parking spots? Are they tight? Are there good spots like end spots or spots beside pillars etc? Also, do you have the name of this garage or the phone number? Thanks in advance.Dave F.
    Northern NJ
    '03 Sterling Grey ///M5

Registered Member
    Member No: 98747 007-X5-44 is an unknown quantity at this point 007-X5-44's Avatar

Yes | No

Parking spots are reasonable and they do have good

spots. Best option inthe area.

Jeff Rossen

Yes | No

PARKING GARAGE SCAMS...

This is Jeff Rossen from Channel 7 Eyewitness News. We're working a story about NYC parking garages...if attendents go through your belongings when you aren't there? Do they joyride your vehicle? What REALLY happens when you leave your car with them?

Any help would be appreciated. E-mail: [email protected]
    or (212) 456-3130.

Thanks.

-Jeff Rossen
    WABC-TV

Registered Member
    Member No: 104646 VIR-MD is an unknown quantity at this point VIR-MD's Avatar

Yes | No

Garages and carwashes are hit or miss...

Some are honest, others will steal your belongings. The Towing industry, however is another story. Without exception, if and when your car is towed for parking or other violation (not for service that you have arranged), all valuables will be stolen from inside your car. Ask anyone who's car has been impounded. You will find out that every single one of them had the inside of their vehicle looted.Dave F.
    Northern NJ
    '03 Sterling Grey ///M5

Sam

Yes | No

Tow operators are thives at Newark Airport

Yes I have experienced the tow operators constantly ripping suff from my car, when disabled. My friends claim more stories too.
    However Newark airport tow operator is the worst. They jacked my car up once, when I have to drop my pregnant wife with 2 toddlers at the gate. I carried the bags in and immediately came back to the car. The entire area was also vacant in the early AM. So I was not blocking any one. Hazzard light were also on. The tow came and raised my car immediately.I tried stopping them before they raised it. They ended by releasing the car only after I payed them in cash, which I did not have and had to get some from the Ticket counters attendees.

Lodging a complaint did not help either!! These crooks should be stopped

Registered Member
    Member No: 80650 rhwann is an unknown quantity at this point rhwann's Avatar

Yes | No

Not only that, but your car\'s driveline is at (m)

jepordy. I can't count the number of cars I seen dragged out of a parking spot by the NYPD tow units. If it's in a tight spot, they will drag the car sideways until the can hook it up properly.

It really is hard to own and maintain a nice car in the city.

1998 750IL
    Jet Black

tim

Yes | No

did u find a place...i have the same problem.....no interest in leaving my keys with attandant...

Registered Member

Yes | No

nope

I couldn't find a place, I walked around the neighborhood, but all the garages are valet. My building has a garage in the basement, so I get a discount there, plus the convenience of taking the elevator directly to the garage. For the cost savings and the convenience, I'd just rather park there than walk 5-10 blocks to park it myself and pay more.

Euro7

Yes | No

Yeah Jeff try a report on the NYC marshals.

When they tow car also.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104126 john1225 is an unknown quantity at this point john1225's Avatar

Yes | No

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/040505/480/ax10905051932&e=8

Registered Member
    Member No: 102246 XKR002 is an unknown quantity at this point XKR002's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: SELF PARK 42nd street by lincoln tunnel

i park there all t he time and u take your keys with you and you park your own car. they are also ccheap and wont cost you a home mortgage to park. best yet is if you park after 5pm then till the next day 8 am its still only around 12 -13 bucks cant beat that. try them you will like them. you go down 42nd street like you are going towards lincoln tunnel. go past ninth ave and its half way down the block on the right.

xkr002

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information