+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 36795 Driver99 is an unknown quantity at this point Driver99's Avatar

Yes | No

Is anyone signing up for Club Motorsports?

I would like to get into tracking more often. They are aggressively advertising this as the best thing in weekend/part-time motorsports but the price tag is a little high for what I want.

Anyone going to do it? Any thoughts otherwise?

Silver Grey, Black Leather
    SMG, Pemium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg
    Adjustable Seatbacks, Bi-Xenon, Harmon Kardon

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Read this first..>

Enclosed is a link to a page that raises some really good questions. I am also excited about the idea of an open track near by, but I have major doubts that they can pull this off. I am going to save my money until the doors are open, but that's just me. Definitely inform yourself before you sign any checks.

Bob K.

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Most Recent Meeting Minutes..>

No permits yet means they can't lift a shovel.

Registered Member
    Member No: 61417 longjc is an unknown quantity at this point longjc's Avatar

Yes | No

is that a new website?

Registered Member

Yes | No

Old site..But CMI still does not have permits

Registered Member

Yes | No

As of April 29 that is..>

Registered Member
    Member No: 107176 daniel.croteau is an unknown quantity at this point daniel.croteau's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Most Recent Meeting Minutes..>

As the Director of Sales for Club Motorsports (CMI) I would to clearify exactly where we are in the process and a few other points. At present we've cleared about 80% of the east course and about 50% of the west. The remaining logging work will be compleated in the next few weeks. In parallel with the clearing, CMI filled some time ago with the DES Departement of Eviromental services for it's permits to allow for the "Alteration of Terrain". This permit will allow for the earth to be moved, roadbed to be layed and paved and all of the buildings to be built. The application with the DES was the cummulation of 4000 man hours of engineering and contained over 600 pages of drawings detailing the treatment of wetlands where impacted. Through cooperative efforts with the DES the amount of wetlands impacted (Not Destroyed) is less than one acre, .73 acres to be exact. The final public hearing by the DES was held on April 26th and the position of the DES is that their decision will be based on SCIENCE - period. CMI has overengineered the project so that all State and federal regulations have been meet. The DES is concerned with how the profect will impact wetlands and how this is dealt with. As a result of the efforts that were put in Prior to the application CMI is confident that the permit will be issued at the end of this month. In addition to the DES application a State Law was passed some time ago that exempts the facility from the towns control of the operation of the facility as it relates to hours of operation and noise so there is no requirement for CMI to comply with the Race Track Ordinence as adopted by the Town. So the facility can and will be built and operated. Schedule is for the course to be operational this fall. The cost of membership is relative. A membership in a private golf course typically cost $25k to $50K ad there is a monthly minimum of $200 to $300 that must be meet. Our entry level membership has a one-time initiation fee of $4500 and the monthly dues are only $75/month. We also include an annual allocation of track time, where you'd be spending $75 - $100 a visit for tee-time at a private golf country club. If you're a motorsports enthusiast it's a tremendous value and the opportunity of a lifetime to get in at construction prices. I can be reached at any time at 603-437-3278 ext 204 and welcome any questions. Our web site has posts on everthing I've described above at www.clubmotorspots.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 107176 daniel.croteau is an unknown quantity at this point daniel.croteau's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Most Recent Meeting Minutes..>

One other important point is that a membership is one-time transferable and can be sold.

Registered Member
    Member No: 24205 cgove1 is an unknown quantity at this point cgove1's Avatar

Yes | No

I\'m a member. Been up to see the site. Gonna be

a great way to spend a brief getaway now and then. Yes, I have some concern with the voracity and stamina of the opposition but I believe it to be a very vocal minority and you are getting in at a discount if you join now. I'm sure once the track is built the prices will rapidly rise.

The town had a chance to stop this over a year ago at a town meeting but a majority of voters did not endorse enacting zoning laws that would have killed the project.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information