+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 105887 blauteufel is an unknown quantity at this point blauteufel's Avatar

Yes | No

Houston Dealers

Can someone make a good recommendation about dealers and dealer contacts in Houston, both from a sales and service point of view?

A brief digression:

I'm close to a purchase decision, but have not really had a good experience as a walk-in around here. In fact, I had a dreadful time recently. I went to the closest dealer and asked a few questions about what may be coming up in MY2005...the sales guy immediately launched into a pitch about why would I want an '05 when I can have an '04...the new car won't look anything like the spy photos...they won't know anything about it until it gets here...the iDrive (a plus for me--crazy I know, but I think its pretty cool) won't be like the 5/7ers...I just got sick of it and left (maybe I should have hung around to see if he would throw me a bone on an 04, but I've been dreaming about this for along time and I'm not going to be hustled).

Heck, I may end up in an 04, but gee whiz, if I want a hard sell I'll go to a GM Dealer. I understand that Saturday's a busy day, but my practice won't let me out of the office during the week and the guy seemed to have plenty of time to sell me an 04. Sorry to prattle on, but it was a tough day...

Thanks in advance.

Registered Member
    Member No: 38174 argento is an unknown quantity at this point argento's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Houston Dealers

I think "good" is going to be relative anywhere in Houston. Here's my $0.02.

My sales lady just retired and she was great (very honest and upfront). The person that inherited my file contacted me recently to inform me. I haven't made a purchase from him, but I have been looking for a used E36M3 as of late. As a result I've had some dealings with him. He is very nice and far from aloof. He is in his 60's with a German accent and very pleasant to talk to. His name is Vincent Doodeheefver, Advantage BMW Midtown. You can tell him Jeremy Reyna gave you his name. You won't get any special treatment by mentioning my name, but at least you can capitalize on the fact that if he treats you bad, you'll pass that info along.

If that doesn't work out, I really liked Jan at North Houston. She is cool. I wanted to originally buy my car from her, but she couldn't get me further up the list and Advantage was ready for me to place my order. Otherwise, she was extremely helpful and made me feel comfortable. Very upfront as well. She probably won't remember my name, but may remember my SO Fiona.

Niether of these people seemed to be on top of the latest bmw trends. If that is most important, then maybe some here can post another contact. I hope this was helpful.

jjr

G Smith

Yes | No

my experience

Have now purchased 3 new BMW's (a 3 series, an M Roadster and an X5 4.4) from Advantage in midtown. The last two were from salesperson Dalinda Prada (she is no longer there). I go to Advantage primarily because it is very convenient. Service has been fine (I don't keep cars that long and there haven't been any serious issues on any of them). About about 12 years ago I bought a new 3 series at what is now called BMW North. Carl Tate was the sales person- he was terrific an i think is still there. If it weren't so far out I'd gladly buy from him again.

Registered Member
    Member No: 38174 argento is an unknown quantity at this point argento's Avatar

Yes | No

Dalinda was my sales lady too. She was great...

Vincent now has her files. I'm there because of convenience as well. I've had service at every dealer in the area, they all are lacking. As a result convenience won the day.... Midtown's service is getting better. They need some lessons on how to wash. I usually ask for a no wash, but they do it anyway and strip my zaino. They also rinse hasty and leave soap.

Registered Member
    Member No: 31591 crazydane is an unknown quantity at this point crazydane's Avatar

Yes | No

Avoid Momentum...don't get me started.

Downtown has highly recommended sales and service facility, but I've never experienced; their parts dept is great.

I know a sales guy from N Houston, but on a personal level, rather than as a salesman. Haven't talked to him in a few months, but I've had numerous 'car guy' discussions, among others, with him; he's knowledgeable, very professional, courteous, and honest. He enjoys his job, and has been and is working to build a repeat customer base.

Jasper Mason
    Dealer 281.775.4400
    Direct 281.775.4410

Crazydane
    1997 2.8

Jasper

Yes | No

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm no longer with BMW. I'd refer anyone interested to Pete Pieternelle at BMW North or Greg Schell at BMW Woodlands. Both of these guys know their stuff, and offer very little in the way of salesguy B.S.

Good luck to you guys/gals in your purchasing experiences.

-Jasper Mason

blauteufel

Yes | No

So, Jasper where did you end up? Still in the car biz? Inquiring minds need to know! Just to let folks in on it--Jasper is such a great sales guy, he just about had my Audi-obsessed S.O. that Bavarian was the way to go:(Old School 5-Series Touring vs. Allroad)...

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.

Registered Member
    Member No: 111991 NoWorries is an unknown quantity at this point NoWorries's Avatar

Yes | No

*$*(#&[email protected] GH@*(F*&(@(

Registered Member
    Member No: 111991 NoWorries is an unknown quantity at this point NoWorries's Avatar

Yes | No

Okay, that was a bit weird!! Not sure why that last post came out that way...

I now work for Bimmer Workshop. The sales thing just got old after a few years, and working around the cars without having to sell them seems like the perfect balance. I'd invite all of you to come by and see our shop - let us handle anything NA won't cover under warranty. If you've already got a repair shop you trust, come by anyway just to say "hi". It'd be nice to see you guys again!

Registered Member
    Member No: 51896 powersM3 is an unknown quantity at this point powersM3's Avatar

Yes | No

Just yesterday traded \'98 M3 for

Was treated professinal, they had a better selection of coupes than did BMW North, and also gave me a much better deal on the trade than North was willing to talk about.

Sales people at both were professionl and even the 'Sales Manager' at Momentum was not bad.

Since I work by Momentum I10 and live by North I may share my service work and see how they do.

Email me if you want more details or a good deal on the M3 goodies I took of the '98 before I traded it.

[email protected]

Registered Member
    Member No: 42871 RoadRat has a spectacular aura about RoadRat has a spectacular aura about RoadRat's Avatar

Yes | No

Sales....Skeen Mathias at BMW Woodlands or Ray Merhab at BMW North
    Service....Shaf Habab at Momentum

Frissen

Yes | No

Good luck...

Momentum and Advantage dealers are owned by Sonic Automotive, so you are dealing with a monopoly there. North is owned by Autonation yet another huge auto group. This all means they give sh... about you as a customer, they are looking at the big numbers not customer service.

Look in Austin. Better chance there.

Registered Member
    Member No: 76428 LDV is an unknown quantity at this point LDV's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Good luck...

I ended buying my ED 2004 330i ZHP from Garlyn Shelton in Bryan. None of the Houston dealers were willing come off MSRP. Beaumont BWW was also willing to deal.

From the people in Austin I have heard that things may not be better there. Many have gone to Garlyn Shelton in Temple.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information